Sign in to follow this  

Picture quality on the ebay cheap DVR's

I ordered a cheap DVR of ebay about 2 years ago and it has worked quite well over the years but I'm now looking at adding some more cameras and was wondering even if I spend a bit more and get a half decent camera will the better quality be shown on the DVR or is the DVR the limiting factor.??

I do know you get what you pay for but this system works very well for what I need and cant see the need to upgrade the whole system at this point. I would rather get a camera(s) that I could use in the future if the need to upgrade arises.

Peter

As the price for analog dvrs is getting quite low and there seem to be specials on name brand equipment every day I would look at upgrading through a dealer and you will have warranty and tech support if needed.

or you can try higher TVL cameras. I have few 420TVL and 800TVL and the quality is much higher (but still limited to D1 resolution)

or you can try higher TVL cameras. I have few 420TVL and 800TVL and the quality is much higher (but still limited to D1 resolution)

You don't happen to have a few screen shots of the 800TVL do you ?? would like to see what they can do.

I have the ability to add 4 more cameras so im keen to keep the system I have now as it will handle 8 cameras.

800TVL is limited in D1 resolution? I don't think so because as 700TVL which is specific size "WD1". BTW, I would like add some thread on 800TVL camera most they were utilized CMOS not CCD so it commonly render high noise in the night time as well as abberation in green, red or purple color.