PeteCress

Tool To Tell Bandwidh Used By Browser Window?

Got a couple of cams connected to a Blue Iris server (ExtremeSurfCam.DynDNS.org), toying with the idea of adding 3 more.

No streaming service: users just connect direct to the server.

Of course I'm running into FPS limitations beyond a certain number of concurrent users/cameras.

What I would like to find is a tool that tells me how much bandwidth my browser window is using.

With that, I could fire up IE or Chrome or FireFox or Safari, aim it at ExtremeSurfCam.DynDNS.org, and see how much bandwidth is used by a single user connection.

Then I could divide that number into the bandwidth available to the Blue Iris server over it's IP connection and get an idea of how many concurrent users can be supported.

From there, I could tune Blue Iris and add/remove/resize cameras to optimize optimze the bandwith for number of users vs functionality.

Does anybody know of such a tool?

Resource Monitor

I'm trying both Resource Monitor and DuMeter, but neither one seems to offer up actual bandwidth use.

RM because it just gives total Network I/O, and DuMeter because it's upload use (1.5 Mbps as I write this) seems at odds with what SpeedTest.net says is my capacity (only .7 Mbps).

OTOH, maybe I don't know how to read the screens.... or SpeedTest.net's numbers are flawed.