latropa

Get Hikvision to save Snapshots through the web interface?

246099_1.png

Event recording is working great but I can't seem to get Event Snapshots to work.

If I check the "Enable Event-Triggered Snapshot" and set an interval of 1 second (which I assume means it will take a snapshot every second) and leave capture number to the default 4 (no idea what that means), absolutely nothing ever gets saved... I've even went and walked in front of the camera moving my hand furiously and no pictures are ever saved.

On the other hand, if I check the "Enable Timing Snapshot" and set an interval it seems like it continuously saves a picture every second (or whatever I set it to) regardless of motion. That works but is obviously not what I want to happen.

I only want picture snapshots when motion is detected.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

The documentation for Hikvision cameras is horrible. It basically just tells you what you already know by looking at the web interface without actually going into any details about what is what and how it actually works.

I have email snapshot working on my 5.1 firmware, not sure if that is the same thing. Either way, make sure under the motion detection, you have the event trigger linked. There is a group of check boxes with different events to link to the motion.

I have email snapshot working on my 5.1 firmware, not sure if that is the same thing. Either way, make sure under the motion detection, you have the event trigger linked. There is a group of check boxes with different events to link to the motion.

246125_1.png

I have trigger channel selected, which works for saving video recordings and timing snapshots to my NAS, but the even-triggered snapshots still don't work.

I haven't set up e-mail or FTP yet so I don't know if those work.

My firmware is 5.1.0

Hi Both,

I joined just so I could contribute my findings with regard to the above and to save you some hair from being pulled out I hope

I've only just got into these frustrating and amazing little gadgets and I'm having what I am seeing is a common running theme of fury mixed with equal parts joy with regard to these cams, their foibles and their distinct lack of available information...

With ref to the event/detection triggered snapshots, I saw these settings with interest and switched them on with the attached settings:

Couldn't figure out why I couldn't find any pictures anywhere for a couple of days in spite of there being hundreds of event detections and me doing the wavy arm thing etc.

Then I came across the download pictures section button (highlighted badly in yellow here):

in the playback section of the cam software. If you click this button it will open up a 'download picture' window:

Change the dropdown in the upper right to 'motion' and select the search period you require, hit search, et voila. There are your snapshot pictures ready to download.

Not found a way to view the pictures in the browser software but at least you can now access them.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Cam**

eventtrig1.PNG.12128e5bd72bbe99829ab156352cee28.PNG

eventtrig2.PNG.14b1f9b0aa0394f1db58cbb8f106692b.PNG

eventtrig3.PNG.5d153d3bc4c6642f2793013470d1c39a.PNG

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that download button on the playback tab is where the timing snapshots end up too. I had looked in there with timing selected in the drop down box and no luck.

I just tried it again though with the same details you had set (1000 millisecond interval and 5 as the capture number) and still no luck.

The documentation for these cameras really is horrid.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that download button on the playback tab is where the timing snapshots end up too. I had looked in there with timing selected in the drop down box and no luck.

I just tried it again though with the same details you had set (1000 millisecond interval and 5 as the capture number) and still no luck.

The documentation for these cameras really is horrid.

You ever get this to work? I've created a thread on another forum for my three hikvisions. Come hell or high water they are just refusing to save snapshots OR upload images to ftp except in very rare circumstances. I have spent hours trying tons of different combinations of configuration. Video is saving perfectly to my SMB/CIFS shares but strangely images seem only to save basically if the camera has just recovered from a crash, and only at 640X480. Even on a camera that has only local SD storage, again video perfect but only very rare images saved in that very low resolution and not when they're supposed to. Regular "timing" doesn't work in any case. My problem affects both 5.1.2 and 5.1.6 firmware. Most people at this point would throw up their hands and use NVR software that does all this properly, but by golly I want to win this fight.

.... Most people at this point would throw up their hands and use NVR software that does all this properly, but by golly I want to win this fight.

I am afraid I will dissapoint you. I have the HIK 7604NI-SEP NVR and there is no snapshot functionality of any kind. I also have the same problems with a 2cd2332 camera wih firmware 5.1.6.

Now if by NVR you mean a PC with software like Blue Iris then I do not have any expereince on that solution.

In general the HIK VIsion firmware for cameras and NVRs is very flaky and inconsistent.

More research has let me narrow down exactly what is happening on my cameras, and it is unequivocally a fault in the firmware, v 5.1.2

Whether I have a camera running with event detection or continuous save (tried two different cams), I will only ever see an FTP image or a snapshot image at the sub stream resolution and only if I have those enabled and actually view the substream. At that point the camera will take a few substream-res images, put them where it should, and summarily crash/reboot.

On v 5.1.6 the timing snapshots ARE working properly. I have not tested the FTP yet properly in 5.1.6.

I recently acquired a 2532 mini-dome, and was having the same issue as latropa (the original poster).

In the end, I resolved the problem by ticking off the box beside the "Upload to FTP" field at the bottom of the Event setup page (e.g. Configuration / Basic Event / Motion Detection tab). This wasn't exactly an intuitive thing to do, given that 1) I'm not running to an FTP and haven't set up any FTP parameters; & 2) the video events were behaving as expected, without this box being ticked.

I resolved this after reading a Hikvision document that you can find here:

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/File/2014331154158968.pdf

I guess it wouldn't have been challenging enough for users if Hikvision had just bothered to mention this in the camera's user guide... LOL!

Now, if I could just get the email alerts to work, I'd really be onto something!

anyone figured out how to download more than 100 images at a time? Even if I choose a two day period the max images I can download is 100, frustrating when you want to download a few days worth of images. There is no paging or anything for the image list so I have to create a new search using the date off image 100, there has to be an easier way? I'm trying to do a timelapse of the building of a house.