jazzgtrl4

Anyone tried these Q-see HD Analog systems yet??

Yes.

I have the 8 camera version, I had a Q-See D1 system prior to this but felt it was time for an up-grade, I hooked the cameras up-to the the wires from the previous system, not impressed at all video quality was very grainy, and had vertical scrolling lines, I replaced the wiring with the new Q-See wiring in the package, still not happy.

Purchased bulk RG59 Siamese and ran the wire again, this time the cameras delivered, I am very impressed with the image quality, still playing around with the camera settings, the daytime view is really clear..

The garage view is from a dome, the other 3 are bullet cams.

Images.thumb.jpg.beade95821dc3c2896f2a28dd136e7f4.jpg

I replaced the wiring with the new Q-See wiring in the package, still not happy.

This was my worry with these systems. Seeing the cable that they provide, I don't see how they could produce the image quality that these cameras are supposed to have.

Someone had said that these are HDCVI systems. If that's true, you'd have to use CCA or CCS RG59 at a minimum and only with smaller runs. In most cases, I found that runs over 100-150 feet needed to use solid copper RG59, otherwise the video started to degrade.

This is exactly why I will be going IP. My plug and play won't support cvi. If I have to swap cables there's no way I'd be reinstalling coax. This is actually a great post to cement my desicion, so thanks! I think qsee is being deceitful really. They say and even show in video for cvi that users are using their plug and play cable. That's not cool at all. The truth seems to be you either need actual rg59 coax in place already or you need to install new runs. I thought maybe they were actually including a better quality coax with their cvi kits but I guess not so. Again, really crappy of them to do. They sell actual coax but they over charge for it. Not really surprised they don't include it free in their cvi kits.

I just ordered the 16 channel version from costco.

I have a q-see D1 now. Some cameras use cat6 (under 100ft) with baluns and some use the basic q-see cables (60ft).

Would these cameras work over cat6 with baluns better then their cables?

I would not want to run new RG59 cables.

Planning to return the D1 system to costco as the DVR died 4 times. 2 times in the warranty, one time right after the warranty expired (they fixed it at no charge) and now the fourth time. Tired of it.

Hopefully they will take it back. I hope the new one has the same cables so I can return those new cables with the old system and leave the old cables in place.

CVI works on all kinds of cable, including cat5e and cat6 with baluns. The problem is that it doesn't work well. I wish I had pictures to post for you guys but CVI is actually really nice for the price.

The systems Q-See sells are giving it a terrible name because of the cable they package with them. If it's not solid copper RG59, don't plan on having good results.

If you're comparing HDCVI with HDSDI or IP, the HDCVI image will appear grainy next to them even when it's at the top of it's game. Still, for the money, I'll take it any day over 700TVL.

Thanks for that Don. Much appreciated. I contemplated CVI but the 1080p units are rather expensive and the 720p units aren't as feature rich on the back end- including no support for alarm in/out. Having to swap out my cable was the deal breaker. I'll swap alright, but it'll be for networking cable and an IP system. Thanks again.

got my hdcvi system from Costco.

It has Dahua name on the board chips.

Running cat6 with baluns. Picture much better then the old analog system.

The DVR has 4 audio in. 16 alarm sensor in, 3 alarm out. Another audio out, hdmi, ptz connections..

I nice upgrade over my old q-see system.

I did not even test the included cables, just run cat6 with baluns.

I might buy one rg59 cooper cable just to see if there is any difference.

If I understand right, there might be cameras with included mic that would run over the same cable.

These cameras have no mics.

I had some mics that I tested with the four audio in and they work. I tried using the same mics in parallel with another set of balun and power n the same cable with camera and the sound doesn't work.

It's nice that I can hear the audio from the mics through the hdmi cable on my tv. It's bad that you can only use up to 4 mics. I wish the cameras had included mics...

I compiled some video today testing various lengths of RG59 (copper clad), Cat5e, and Cat6. The video should be done being edited over the weekend and I'll do a write up on Monday.

When everything's done and posted, I'll provide the link.

Hopefully this will end some of the confusion since there seems to be a lot of different opinions circulating.

That is really great of you Don. If at all possible, I think it would be worth including some footage and stills using plug and play cable too, because that is where most people need to understand the difference, if any, between good RG59 and plug and play. There will be people who install the plug and play cable that comes with the kits, and there will be others that use the plug and play cable that they have previously installed. So any differences between RG59 and plug and play need to be demonstrated more than anything, to save what could be a wasted amount of work installing and/or relying on the more common and cheaper plug and play cable. If I had my hands on a system I'd do it but of course, I'm hdcvi-less! LOL! Thanks again.

How are you powering the cameras, separate power supplies for each, two four ways or one eight way power supply, or one power box where all are wired to? The multiple channel power supplies that are usually supplied with qsee packages aren't good enough. Either try using a power box or just buy separate 12v 1.5 amp or 12v 2 amp power adapters for each camera. At least try one separate 12v power adapter on a channel and see if it clears up. Could be a ground loop.

Originally powered from the q-see 4 in 1, then went to a power box, then 2A individual power supplies, still have the same issue, ground loops are usually horizontal rolling bars arnt they?

No its a Q-See with a couple of SCK HD-CVI cameras..

I just dont understand why it could suddenly go bad.

I mean the pictures on Page 1 to me are very good, then suddenly I get this issue.

That is really great of you Don. If at all possible, I think it would be worth including some footage and stills using plug and play cable too, because that is where most people need to understand the difference, if any, between good RG59 and plug and play. There will be people who install the plug and play cable that comes with the kits, and there will be others that use the plug and play cable that they have previously installed. So any differences between RG59 and plug and play need to be demonstrated more than anything, to save what could be a wasted amount of work installing and/or relying on the more common and cheaper plug and play cable. If I had my hands on a system I'd do it but of course, I'm hdcvi-less! LOL! Thanks again.

Sorry. I forgot to mention that 25, 50, 100, and 150 foot plug and play cables were all included in the footage as well.

Everything was just tested indoors for the sake of being able to easily point out the video degradation, so it's all going to look like a still shot but it is actual footage. I will say that it's not as obvious outdoors but you guys can decide for yourselves if it's worth drifting from the recommended full copper RG59.

As long as I can get the video editing done, I'm still planning on trying to get this all up today to share with you guys.

Alright, I'm posting this in the spirit of sharing information here, not because I'm trying to sell anyone anything. The problem is that it's our company blog page and I don't know if that's going to be found in violation of the rules. I'm going to post the link to the video first in case the write up has to be removed.

This is the actual video:

You're going to need to go full screen on this to see everything clearly. As I mentioned, it's going to appear to be still shots. This is actual footage, just not action shots. This video was done to show the effects the cable type has on image quality so don't bite my head off because you can't see what passing cars looks like.

This is the write up explaining the details of the test and the results:

http://www.cctvcameraworld.com/hdcvi-cameras-cctv-cable/

Again, I'm sorry if this is found to be violating the rules but I'm not trying to sell anything as you'll see by the fact that our blog is the only working part of the whole site.

That was great Don. Thank you very much for doing that. Was that 720p or 1080p? What was the bit rate used? It does show that hands down, you need to be using solid copper RG59 with CVI. And even then like you mentioned earlier, it's still not completely sharp like IP MP. I've noticed the same thing in a number of other video samples too. It's an option to consider, but I'd only consider it if I knew there was good RG59 in place, period. The 1080p CVI recorders are NOT cheap either, more in line with NVR's, frankly. Even the 720p recorders are around 250 and then when add the cost of hard drives, you really have to carefully weigh how the money is being spent and what your needs really are. Thanks for the demo and write up. It needed to be shown how to at least get the best out of it.

Because of the finite availability/variety of 1080p HDCVI cameras right now, the test was conducted in 720p.

Bitrate Type: CBR

Bitrate: 6144 Kb/S

Frame Rate: 30FPS

HDCVI is much more of an economy HD option so it's never going to be as clear as HDSDI or IP, even at 1080p from what I've seen so far. It's still a monumental step up from basic analog and a great buy for your money.

At the end of the day, I'm still going to tell you to go the safe route and stick with solid copper.

HI thanks for the info. Been awhile since ive been here and started this thread. So i guess i should just go the HD SDI route instead of bothering with these analog HD systems. I was trying to not have to redo all the wiring in my house but it seems i have to as these QSee wires are not very good.

There has been a problem with HDSDI since it's inception. I would be careful considering it. I've been talking to manufacturers for the last 3 weeks about why everyone suddenly wants to dump their stock.

I will quote the last one:

"HDSDI really f*%#%ed everyone over."

There has been a problem with HDSDI since it's inception. I would be careful considering it. I've been talking to manufacturers for the last 3 weeks about why everyone suddenly wants to dump their stock.

Hi Don,

Care to elaborate on that? which way would you recommend me going if i want to go HD? im running analog right now. thanks

I already have ip cams and want to try an HDSDI because I want latency at live view to be near zero. I won't get dahua HDCVI because it is just a low HD bitrate version as explained in this thread.

So what is the best HDSDI brand now with the best live view camera image?

If not HDSDI.. what is another option for zero latency live view aside from D1/960H analog. There seems to be no other choice.. are there?