Sign in to follow this  
latropa

iHIK disabling lock screen pattern on Android and a delay?

I've noticed that when I start the iHIK app on my phone and look at the feed on my cams they seem to be choppy and only show like one from every 2 or 3 seconds (despite being on the same network with a 172mbps wireless connection). When I was first testing this indoors, it seemed like they were almost real time with almost no delay.

The other problem is now after I've started the iHIK app, it disables my screen lock even after I click the power button to shut the screen off or it times out after a minute.... unless I close all the cameras by clicking the x button on the windows icon (http://i.imgur.com/B7QSr1S.png) in iHIK and then swipe away iHIK from the recently used programs in Android. If I don't remember to do all that, then I'm not required to enter my lock pattern to get back into my phone... not good.

I've been playing with my cameras for about a week now and I could have sworn this never happened before I finally mounted them outside (which coincidentally happens to coincide with when VZW updated my phone to Android 4.4.2). Galaxy S4, if that matters.

I've noticed that when I start the iHIK app on my phone and look at the feed on my cams they seem to be choppy and only show like one from every 2 or 3 seconds (despite being on the same network with a 172mbps wireless connection). Galaxy S4, if that matters.

Your s4 phone can connect at a max rate of 72.2 Mbps, which can give a real life data speed of about half that.

How many cameras are you viewing at the same time, and what are their data rate set to? Which stream were you viewing, clear/balanced/fluent? And what are those data rate?

I've noticed that when I start the iHIK app on my phone and look at the feed on my cams they seem to be choppy and only show like one from every 2 or 3 seconds (despite being on the same network with a 172mbps wireless connection). Galaxy S4, if that matters.

Your s4 phone can connect at a max rate of 72.2 Mbps, which can give a real life data speed of about half that.

How many cameras are you viewing at the same time, and what are their data rate set to? Which stream were you viewing, clear/balanced/fluent? And what are those data rate?

My phone can connect much faster than that on my 5ghz wifi. The closer I am to the router the faster it is... but generally it's at around 170 when I'm upstairs where I mostly use my phone.

246348_1.png

I have two cameras running. They are both set at 1920x1080 with 30FPS and 4096 Max Bitrate. The substream is only 352x240 at 30fps with bitrate at 512.

The app defaults to fluent (which I think uses the substream settings because it looks very low resolution) but it even skips every 2 or 3 seconds on the substream, just like when I select clear.

That reminds me of another fluke of the app, when you first open it, it has the cameras set to fluent but as soon as you've switched it to clear you cannot switch back to fluent or any other of those options. I just get a message about device not supported. The only way to get back to fluent is to close the app and open it again.

Good stuff, I forgot about the 5Ghz speed. That should give plenty of speed then, sorry about that.

There was a Android app update in the last few days that seemed to have fixed being able to switch between clear/fluent.

Have you tried changing the i-frame value to a smaller number, maybe 15 or 30?

The smaller the number, the more bandwidth is used.

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000081.html