Lafiro

Hikvision camera zoomed in by itself - Zoom isn't working

A few days ago, one of my Hikvision DS-2CD7254-fdw-eiz cameras zoomed in all by itself just after midnight. I have since only been able to change the focus, but trying to zoom it does absolutely nothing, not even after rebooting it. At first, trying to change the zoom rebooted the camera immediately, but after maybe 15 times of this, it no longer affects the camera or does anything when pressing the zoom buttons on the webpage. I have done everything INCLUDING a factory reset.

Could this be a hardware issue instead? Anyone have any suggestions? I have emailed Hikvision, but I wanted to cover all bases in case someone was familiar with this issue.

Edited by Guest

Sounds like something got messed up -- could be a hardware issue I suppose.. I would try the factory reset and if that doesn't work check to see that you're running the latest firmware...

I have not tried their motorized focus/varifocal cameras but definitely sounds like something broke. If the hard reset doesn't solve it, time for a replacement. For me, if I want higher end with motorized focus, the best I've used is Axis, like the P33 series. Was never happy with other cameras, seemed like as much work as just focusing it manually and perfection was always in-between two settings. We use Axis on poles were it's not easily reachable and it comes in handy.

If you want more of an autofocus/zoom/PTZ type camera, for about what you paid for that Hikvision, you can probably get the Dahua PTZ with 12X zoom, nice camera and don't have problem with Dahua PTZ cameras, seems to be more of their niche.

I actually picked these up because of the WDR and 3MP specifications.

I tried the factory reset, and no difference.

Today, it no longer wants to respond. It has disconnected from SS and will not respond to http. I don't have telnet enabled so I can't reset it that way.

So far, no help from Hikvision. Poor company so far.

Are you sure it's not a power issue? One of the first things to check when motorized cameras start odd behavior is the power source. What are you powering it with? Can you try alternate power to see if it helps?

are you still able to ping it continuously? check the POE connection, might be damaged by water . Did you buy from distributor or Hikvision USA? I think they only provide tech support to their OEM and distributor, then the OEM and dist provides support for installers....depending on where you got your camera, i wouldn't expect any response.

You can also try to control the zoom by using another web browser such as chrome/firefox or the software ivms4200 and ivms4500 on the phone, if none of those lets you zoom in, then you know its hardware...

I will try switching to another port on the PoE switch the camera is on. Another camera and PoE access point are running fine though.

As for trying another browser, cell phone, or even computer, nothing will change its zoom. Its strange how it just decided to zoom in all the way and just get stuck there.

Purchased from a distributor who hasn't responded to me yet. Also, yes, I can ping it non stop.

It did come back online last night for only 2 hours, then disconnected again from my NAS and from replying to HTTP. I just wish i enabled telnet again because at least I was able to send it a reboot command to at least get some video.

If the distributor does not help me with his product and 1 year warranty, he will pay for it one way or another, but my faith in Hikvision and having my friend use it for an enterprise install coming up, will go right down the drain.

Sometimes you get a lemon, it's just the way it is. Doesn't mean they're all bad. But it can mean you need to get a different source if you're not being supported.

If i was your rep I would reply the same day for such a big problem x.x and we sell it with a 3 year warranty and not just 1. Time to switch ! lol jk

If the distributor does not help me with his product and 1 year warranty, he will pay for it one way or another, but my faith in Hikvision and having my friend use it for an enterprise install coming up, will go right down the drain.

Distribuitor is China based? How did you but the product?

HIK is a somehow big company(compared to titans like Samsung and Bosch)... they support their legit distribuitors, but they cut off any support if the seller is not factory-approved...