afschmitt

Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IS IR Issues

I am having trouble with the night mode on my Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IS. It looks great during the day but at night you can't see anything. Any ideas on how to correct it?

Day Image

246425_1.png

Night Image

246425_2.png

You're most likely reflecting IR off of the eaves. If you can move it forward so the lens hood sticks out past the eaves, that should fix it. Alternately, moving it lower will reduce the problem, but may not fix it.

I had a camera recently that looked along the side of the house, and I couldn't get rid of the reflections, so I disabled the on-board IR and put in an external illuminator. It made a huge difference.

http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=7429.0

It's also possible you're getting IR leakage inside the camera. An easy way to test that is to remove the camera and point it so the IR isn't hitting anything nearby, like straight up into the sky, and see if it's clear or foggy.

That's the problem with tiny domes. They are too shallow and don't clear enough of the fascia board to work properly. Put a small section of 2x4 between the eave and camera, that should do it.