Sign in to follow this  
Colm

picture interference

Am getting a slight wave scrolling across the picture,first thought it was the satellite cables but it isn't, the only other thing is the cat5 is running along side lead along the roof could,this be the problem?

I am no expert, but I had interference and I fitted BNC ground loop isolators to all my cameras(3), did not solve the problem, so i posted a blog on this site. The answer to my problem was using a cheap mains transformer (you know the one all built in the 13 amp plug top), I replaced it with a separate trans former 12 volt DC and it solved my problems. I get lovely pictures now with no interference, hopefully this is your problem

I ordered some bad quality power supplies that caused the problem too. Switched to something else and its a lot better now

Is it on a single camera?

If other cameras on same lenght cables are running fine, you should try switching power supply to see if there's an improvement or not.

What's the lenght of the cable?

Are you using the same power phase? I've readen that if you use different phase to power CCTV cameras you could also get interference.