ungovernable77

image is blurred when capturing moving people

I upgraded my system and bought two high end analog cameras : a Pixim and an Effio-V

Both have the same problem: when someone moves in front of the camera the image is VERY blurry, even if the person isn't moving fast.

I don't understand why because i have 4 other very cheap cameras (bought for less than $30 on ebay) that doesn't have this problem.... Why am i getting a worst image with a camera 3 times more expensive ??

Is there any way to fix the motion blur ?

I totally desactivated the day/night mode because i don't want to get black&white colors during the night.

The seller told me to set the shutter speed to 1/200, which i did (on the Pixim camera) but it didn't make a big difference

I'll ask the obvious, the picture is sharp when capturing a static image?

yes, and during the day the picture is always perfect even with moving people or objects. But during the night, moving people are blurred

You "de-activated the day/night mode" which is to give you a picture at night. So now the camera is set up to give a picture during the day under ideal lighting conditions. At night the auto iris and electronic shutter will be doing whatever they can to get enough light to produce a picture. This will involve the iris opening fully & the shutter speed slowing down resulting in a blurred picture (if any at all). Put the camera back to how it was meant to be. If you need colour at night then buy a low light colour camera and be prepared to pay. Any extra lighting that you can provide will help a lot.

You "de-activated the day/night mode" which is to give you a picture at night. So now the camera is set up to give a picture during the day under ideal lighting conditions. At night the auto iris and electronic shutter will be doing whatever they can to get enough light to produce a picture. This will involve the iris opening fully & the shutter speed slowing down resulting in a blurred picture (if any at all). Put the camera back to how it was meant to be. If you need colour at night then buy a low light colour camera and be prepared to pay. Any extra lighting that you can provide will help a lot.

Even with the day/night feature enabled, i still get a blurred image as soon as there is movement. I tried resetting to factory defaults and i still have the same problem.

The cameras i bought are rated for low-light usage. Pixim and Effio-V are the best analog cameras, afaik.

There's probably other noise reduction settings in the menu that are on by default which could cause this. Look for DNR or light finder or sens up type settings and turn them off or all the way down and slowly come up until you get rid of as much noise as you can before motion blur sets in.

Edited by Guest

Most image sensors optimized for WDR or bright conditions are not good under low light conditions.

Slow shutter/sense-up will cause motion blur.

If you want no motion blur, a low light camera with fast shutter speed is the way to go.

Three times $30 is not the best camera, even with pixim on the label. Night ratings may be with quoted for sense-up or dynamic noise reduction or with a larger lens than is installed. You should leave day/night mode on so that night photos will receive enough infrared light to form an image. Don't expect color images at night unless you provide a white light source. Turn noise reduction off. Noise reduction works by taking a series of images and averaging them together. If there's a change in the scene, that gets smeared to the next image. Your camera may actually have poor light performance and played specs-manship on you by having noise reduction or sense-up turned on. That will make it pass the test but not provide useful moving images.

Your cheaper cameras work better because they don't have those features while they had good low light sensitivity but poor color rendition. You probably need to spend closer to $200+ to get the camera you want and this is still low cost compared with your application. Even in that price range, you will need external lighting for night.

This camera is a pain in the ass. I've been trying to get the correct settings since 2 weeks but the image is always ****ty. Either is't totally dark, totally over-lighted, blurred or full of noise. Can't get decent balance.

I bought an Effio-V af the same time and it took me only a few minutes to set it up and it works better than the Pixim now.

So here's what happen when i turn off sense-up on the Pixim and set the shutter speed to 2X / 30FPS. Note that i did a factory reset to default just before.

247648_1.jpg

And here's how the image is supposed to look, with default settings

247648_2.jpg

I contacted Securitycamera2000 multiple times about my problem but they are helpless, they kept telling me to change a setting that didn't even exist and when they realised it, all they could recommend is to turn off sense-up which gives me this nasty image.

I'm desperate. I'm about to throw this Pixim in the garbage and buy another Effio-V.

Any help ? I'm still stuck here.

shutter on auto mode = image blur during night when there is movement

shutter manually set to 2X = can't see image during a sunny day (see pictures in my previous post)