ride525

Need help adding HikVision camera to Lorex NVR

You have to format a HD first using the software if you need to do recording. i think you can split into partition or easier to get new HD.

then set up motion recording under schedule and motion detection I think.

So, it won't record until I set up a partition on existing hard drive, or add a second hard drive?

I will have to check what my computer will allow me to add.

Edit: Crap, I have a HP Slimline S5-1554, and online HP says most Slimlines are not able to add second HDD. (There is 1TB drive in there now.)

Does it have SATA? It's pretty easy to add an external SATA device with eSATA.

My eSATA setups are just dumb connectors on brackets that let you plug in an external cable, which is better shielded than the internal cables. The PC has no idea whether the drive's internal or external.

Does it have SATA? It's pretty easy to add an external SATA device with eSATA.

My eSATA setups are just dumb connectors on brackets that let you plug in an external cable, which is better shielded than the internal cables. The PC has no idea whether the drive's internal or external.

Yes, it's a HP Slimline s5-1554, and has 1TB SATA drive. 800GB are free now.

So, that Joshua MB has 4 x SATAII 3Gb/s connectors, all color coded, whatever that means. 2 will be used by the HD and DVD.

If it's got an unused card slot, you could get an eSATA bracket, install it there, and use an external eSATA drive.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/175-7309109-6449601?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=esata%20bracket&sprefix=esata+bra%2Caps

You could also just run a long SATA cable out with a power extension and run a naked hard drive, but that's not a very robust solution...

The really neat thing is once you have it up on your computer running in the background, you can port forward your computer using the software's ports and watch your cameras on remote computers and mobile phones using data just like a NVR.

my customer said the purple HD they can do playback alot faster than even green A/V drive....

I am finding with the purple drives my Lorex LNR200 is playing back much faster on the computer with less stop and go's. I put in 2 4TB ones, one was bad right out of the box so it went back. The second one was just installed and I am initializing it right now. We'll see if it picks up better with 2. It had one purple and one red previously. It came with a 1TB green which was too slow and too small. Looks like 8TB will hold about 20-22 days worth at my settings.

I got a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I working on a Lorex NVR280.

I connected to the Hikvision with my laptop at 192.0.0.64. I changed the IP address to 172.168.1.50 to match the range on the Lorex. I also changed the password to "000000" (username stayed "admin"). I played with this for awhile trying different configurations and then I changed it to plug and play.

I reconnected the Hikvision to my laptop and changed it to find ip automatically.

Then I reconnect the Hikvision to the Lorex and it found it! Seems to be working fine and has a great picture.

Mike

Hello,

Just let everyone know that I have successfully connect a Hikvision dome camera DS-2CD2132 to my Lorex NVR LNR300.

1. It looks that Lorex camera and Hikvision camera are built form the same factory. So they

got to be able to work in Lorex NVR. Just find the right way to connect.

2. Change your Hikvision ip address to be 192.168.1.25 (my case)

3. Change your Hikvision camera password to be the same as Lorex, keep both user id as "admin"

in my case both Hikvision and Lorex NVR password are the same as xxxx

4. Login to your Lorex NVR menu and add the Hikvision using

a. adding method is "manual"

b. protocol "ONVIF", (both are onvif compliant so I choose this option and it works"

c. Port "80", if I change to 8000 like other cameras, it won't work.

5. And there is one more change I am not sure that is relevant. I made this change before it

connect to NVR. I change the Hikvision IPv6 mode to "DHCP" under configuration => network page.

Good luck to everyone to try to do the same thing here.

Jiunn

I was able to follow the above method. However, it only works if I had my Hikvision camera connected through a separate POE switch on the network.

If I wanted to utilize a POE port from my Lorex NVR, I had to connect another cable from my router to a 'spare' POE port on the NVR.

So, I have 2 cables going from my router to the NVR. One going to the Lorex NVR LAN port and another cable going to a Lorex NVR POE port.

My lorex cameras have V5.0.0 on them and my Hikvision has V5.2.5

Anyone have any ideas on how I could get this to work w/o the extra cable running to a NVR POE port?

Hello,

Just let everyone know that I have successfully connect a Hikvision dome camera DS-2CD2132 to my Lorex NVR LNR300.

1. It looks that Lorex camera and Hikvision camera are built form the same factory. So they

got to be able to work in Lorex NVR. Just find the right way to connect.

2. Change your Hikvision ip address to be 192.168.1.25 (my case)

3. Change your Hikvision camera password to be the same as Lorex, keep both user id as "admin"

in my case both Hikvision and Lorex NVR password are the same as xxxx

4. Login to your Lorex NVR menu and add the Hikvision using

a. adding method is "manual"

b. protocol "ONVIF", (both are onvif compliant so I choose this option and it works"

c. Port "80", if I change to 8000 like other cameras, it won't work.

5. And there is one more change I am not sure that is relevant. I made this change before it

connect to NVR. I change the Hikvision IPv6 mode to "DHCP" under configuration => network page.

Good luck to everyone to try to do the same thing here.

Jiunn

Hi, all. I'm trying to connect a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I to my Costco Lorex LNR380 NVR.

HK camera is a V5.2.8_141231

Firmware V5.2.5 build 141201

LNR380: DHCP enabled

v2.2.7, Build 131281

IP address & IPv4 Address: 172.168.0.101

IPv4 Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

IPv4 Default Gateway 192.168.0.1

Server Port 8000

HTTP Port 80

Mobile port 100

Internal NIC IPv4 address 172.168.1.1

Lorex cameras are MCNB2153

Firmware V5.0.0 Build 140121

Manage Port 8000

Protocol LOREX

IP addressed assigned range from 172.168.1.x where x = 2 to 10

I have tried following:

a. Mike Gerard method:

1) I had no problem connecting my HK to switch where my router automatically assigned an IP address. Used SADP to get IP address and set DHCP.

2) I changed password to match that for LNR380 with "admin" the same.

3) I got Disconnected message.

b. jiunng method

1) Left HK camera in DHCP mode

2) Matched admin PW

3) Changed camera to "manual'; protocol from LOREX to "ONVIF"

4) Changed port from "8000" to "80"

5) Changed HK IPv6 to DHCP.

6) Left the previous assigned camera port at its present 172.168.1.2

7) Tried leaving HK to automatically get its IP address AS WELL AS assigning it a fixed IP address to 172.168.1.2

Still getting Disconnected message.

Thanks for any comment, advice on what else I can try.

I was able to see the HiK2CD2032-I to Lorex LNR-360. I can record but only in continuous mode. It wont do motion activated. Anyone have any solution?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just got a new 4MP camera. It has firmware 5.3.3. I am trying to add this one to my Lorex 280 NVR. I know I need to change the password to 000000 but I do not see away to change it to that. Hikvision says I have to use a password that uses 2 kinds of characters now.

Any way around this or is it time to upgrade the NVR now too?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just got a new 4MP camera. It has firmware 5.3.3. I am trying to add this one to my Lorex 280 NVR. I know I need to change the password to 000000 but I do not see away to change it to that. Hikvision says I have to use a password that uses 2 kinds of characters now.

Any way around this or is it time to upgrade the NVR now too?

New Hikvision firmwares make you set a password of at least 8 characters, and you must use letters AND numbers. So "000000" is not a good password.

You can try downgrading the camera with TFTP to a previous firmware version.

Also, if your Lorex NVR does not work with 4Mp, you might need to config the camera at 3Mp.