a94cobra

Jagged edges of people moving.

Ok. I took the plunge and built a system. I am using the GV-1000. My question is why are there jagged lines around the edges of people as they move through the field of view? Is there a way to get rid or minimize that?

Thanks.

Never used the equipment but is it blurring on freeze frames due to interlace artifacts??

It just seems like whatever has too much motion is kida jagged till the motion settles. Like the room looks good. The person walks through the room. He has a jagged outline. If he slows for something the lines dissappear.

I don't think I can help. I don't know the equipment and suspect it won't be due to interlacing (if it is you will see it on any system). Hopefully someone out there has used the equipment and has seen the behaviour and can help.

I'm thinking the problem is because the system is running 4CIF (640x480 resolution or higher). If possible, change to a lower reolution and see what happens (640x240 or 320x240).

What does 4CIF mean? And I am running at the higher resolution. Does this affect record quality or just the viewing?

It is an interlacing and size problem.

Do threee things to fix it....

1/ Change the "Video Source" to 640x480SW not 640x480, the SW is a software interlace.

2/ If your Video Card supports it turn on "De-Interlace renderer" under the system configure section (tick box) and in the Log program settings.

3/While your there you might as well turn on "Direct Draw Overlay" under the syetm config menu (only if your video card supports it).

The "real time card" aslo remedies this problem.

What video card do you have, and have you loaded direct x 9? also what resolution do you have the video source set to?

You are without doubt the top dog maven when it comes to GeoVision. They should put you on the staff and pay you lots of money. Let me know when that happens and I'll send you a get well card so you can recover from the shock.

I am running a screen resolution of 1024x768. I am using a GeForce4 MX440. I change to 640x480 S/W and that helped, but I didn't know what it was changing. The manual doesn't say. Thanks for explaining what that actually does.

How do I know if my video card supports the other features? I looked for a feature list around the net, but nothing mentioned those items. So I am gonna try them out and see if they help.

Thanks for helping.

Looks like I am gonna have to stick to 640x480 S/W. I am using a tv out option on my video card to echo the screen to a tv located in view of the customer. If I enable the Direct Draw option, I get pink screens on the TV out. The De-interlace option causes me no issues.

Not a huge setback as the quality is much now.

Just buy a card that has hardware overlay.. also means no full screen....the pink is due to hardware overlay not working..4 things:

1/ Check you have loaded the full driver set for your mainboard

2/ Check that you have latest drivers for your G Force

3/ Check the cable your using to the telly...does twin screen work without Geo.

4/ Try the Real Time Card it will improve it by 70%

Off hand what cards have hardware overlay?

I'll check to make sure on the video and manboard drivers.

If the real time card wasn't another $500 I could consider.

I can use the TVout as another monitor. Either clone or extend the desktop.