bayareawireguy

Who makes who in the world of IP cameras?

Installer here...i have installed Lorex whom I was told is manufactured by Hikvision

and then LTE security said they OEM for Hikvision....Does anyone have a clue who the real maker is of these cameras? Do we care? How about the NVR..same front end?

http://www.lorextechnology.com/High-Definition-IP-security-camera-for-NVR/prod330045.p?gclid=CJ7V15m4pb4CFQpgfgodBFkAiA

http://www.hikvision.com/en/products_show.asp?id=7326

http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/en_us/product/1017.html

Since you are an installer...I have been thinking of installing a Lorex wired system with DVR. I have my internet through HughesNet Satellite. Will I be able to see my DVR and cameras with my Android Smart phone? Someone mentioned that satellite internet doesn't do forward porting??? whatever that is?? Can you help me with this or direct me to a good place that can answer that question?

Thanks, for any info.

Deb in TN

Nope. Even Hikvision buys the cameras from their OEM manufacturers. So not easy to tell who is who.

Hikvision purchases cameras from other manufactures???? Got any proof?

Nope. Even Hikvision buys the cameras from their OEM manufacturers. So not easy to tell who is who.

That's a new one, the largest manufacturer of surveillance cameras in the world would not need to buy cameras from someone else. They may buy chips, sensors, LEDs from other manufacturers, but not cameras.

As for Hikision OEM's, tons of them, Swann, Lorex, Trendnet, LTS, Flir just to name a few. They will sign OEM agreements with anyone that buys the minimum order quantity to be an OEM.

That's a new one, the largest manufacturer of surveillance cameras in the world would not need to buy cameras from someone else. They may buy chips, sensors, LEDs from other manufacturers, but not cameras.

As for Hikision OEM's, tons of them, Swann, Lorex, Trendnet, LTS, Flir just to name a few. They will sign OEM agreements with anyone that buys the minimum order quantity to be an OEM.

Even more

few very big Korean buy from HIK

and put their name on cameras

The number of companies selling the same stuff is overwhelming...probably 7 out 10 distributors in US now is selling either Dahua, Hikvision, or TVT.

Hikvision also makes:

Honeywell

GE (Interlogix)

Toshiba

I am sure there are lots more, but this is hard information to get.

I have seen an American Dynamics (by Tyco) DVR before, oddly the menu/user interface and password was very similar to Hikvision...even the ports they used were identical.