mryxhris

THINGS I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE INSTALLING SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM

I'm a newbie.. Please help me on the basic of surveillance system. Things to consider before installing. Thanks

I'm a newb as well but the big things to keep in mind:

What do you want the system for or what do you plan to monitor?

Budget

IP or analog system

Cable runs, can you access what you need to get the cable pulled where you plan on putting the cameras and where the DVR is.

Expandability

1. Read good books about CCTV, for example "Digital Video Surveillance & Security" Anthony C. Caputo and "CCTV" by Vlado Damjanovsky.

2. Get the idea of how different camera parameters affect each other. How changing of lens focal length affects Field of view width and resolution on target (pixel density), How Camera Installation Height affects dead zone and angles. The easy way to learn this is to download and try our IP Video System Design Tool. You can also take a size plan or floor plan, import it to the design software and try to find good camera locations and optimal camera coverage.

3. Ask the customer what does he or she want to see. Do they need to have a footage with the resolution suitable for identification purpose or if they want to recognize persons they know, e.t.c.

Ask what the retention period they need.

TIP: If someone dealing drugs within reach of your cameras they might not like it.

Other than that you need to be more specific what you asking, whats your budget and goal.