baywatch

2 x Cameras down 1 x RG59

I remember seeing a device in a catalogue that cosisted of a unit that fitted on each end of an rg59 cable to allow 2 x cameras to send their images down the 1 cable.

I can't find the item now that I need it, anyone remember it.

I know it multiplexes the image and that the frame rate will be lower, but its only for an overflow car park. There is currently 1 camera on a pole with 240 volts, we want to add another camera without cutting through the concrete to run another coax.

Thanks for your input in advance

check out FM Systems "TVP-20 and RVP-20"... they are located in Santa Ana, CA U.S.A. (800) 235-6960.

russ

Thanks guys, I have found the company (SNT Group) you posted about in the U.K. and will check it out.

Thanksagain, I will let you know how I get on.

Have now installed the extra camera using the SNT Duolink11.

Expensive but worked instantly and very good quality, would have cost us double to run a new cable.

Thanks for the advice.

Have now installed the extra camera using the SNT Duolink11.

Expensive but worked instantly and very good quality, would have cost us double to run a new cable.

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, pricey is the name of the game for problem solver products like that. I like to think of it as situational pricing......The builder gets to think "When ever one gets into that situation, what is the most we could charge them to get them out of the jam?" It can get spendy.

Didnt they say it requires RG6U to work properly .. or at least for them to say it will work ..??