milkisbad

Hikvision Fisheye camera: Postponed until further notice

Well that's the rumor from the inner circles...has anyone else heard differently or able to buy a working version either 3mp or 6mp?

Noooooo... I was really looking forward to try one of these cameras

The Hikvison inside ones are shipping... outside not yet. At this is what I was told by our Hik rep.

I am not sure I understand what you said there (I am not native english), can you rephrase please?

I think he meant the indoor model with plastic (not IP 66) is shipping out

And the outdoor model with Metal and IP66 has no words on it.

We have some 3mp Metal ones for testing, but its been testing for so long....

Dear all, Please let me have your opinions about the market of Fisheye lens. Does it find quite useful applications? Could you please name them if you know of? Any expectations that the market of fish eye cameras would grow? What is the size of video images? The reason I am asking this question is that we may consider to have this feature embedded into our chip set that we are currently designing.

If the fisheye camera actually works as well as the theory (one camera watches entire room), then there are big demands for it (less cameras to buy, less labor, onto the next job). Geovision has been pretty successful with their fisheye camera.

Dear Milkisbad, Thanks for your feedback. As we know, the sensor that captures scene is limited in terms of number of pixel (picture element), say 5MP. If the scene can be geometrically corrected and compensated, each part of the scene content may be limited in effective number of valid pixels, say 1 MP. Can this fact be acceptable in the fields or by end-users?

If the fisheye camera actually works as well as the theory (one camera watches entire room), then there are big demands for it (less cameras to buy, less labor, onto the next job). Geovision has been pretty successful with their fisheye camera.

So has Mobotix, but the Geovision actually has a few things I like better than the Mobotix. The manipulation of the picture is a bit more intuitive on the GV cameras.

Geovision has the virtual PTZ , does the hikvision version support that?

The model I saw can do the same stuff as the Geovision (360 mode/Front+back mode/ Quad) but its just the way its recording and displaying on the NVR seems to have problems. Direct access through web browser didn't seem so bad.

Just in case anyone's not seen it the promo video is here:

A really exciting leap in camera tech, I'm keen to get rid of this boring pile of £700 to get hold of one.

Speaking with two of the large online UK sellers to end users they anticipate up to 4 weeks before shipments arrive.

There appears to be no UK stock despite an April launch.

The cameras are on online stores - but are either "Out of Stock" or showing as in stock when they aren't!

6MP version IK10 IP66 Externals that is