Sign in to follow this  
steveo44

HD-SDI BNC to VGA converter

I have a family member who has installed a HD-SDI camera looking at his car after a recent theft.

The problem he has is that the camera has been cabled in RG59 and if connected direct to the monitor BNC input no image is displayed. I presume the BNC input cannot handle the HD image?

Are there any HD-SDI to VGA/BNC converters? Or BNC to HDMI?

Many thanks,

Steve

Steve, most of HD-SDI cameras can output HD-SDI signal, and CVBS signal (conventional TV signal format), though not 100% sure. So, for your TV viewing, use its CVBS output. Or for the HD-SDI output, use DVR for HD-SDI. But you must have a memory card, say SD card, for storing the compressed video data. Mostly they use h.264 compression standard. You may plug the card into your PC and you can see the video, playing from the video file.

Ok cheers. I'm in the UK so would prefer a UK supplier(no offence)

Forgot to add that there is no DVR just the camera connected to an old bnc/vga monitor. I have no idea why he has such a good camera. He is not interested in recording just for live viewing.

Yeah its kind of pointless to not have recording unless he has some sirens/motion detection lights or guard dogs that will notify him if someone is around and he can wake up to watch the TV. But still...he will need recording to show to the police.

I have a family member who has installed a HD-SDI camera looking at his car after a recent theft.

The problem he has is that the camera has been cabled in RG59 and if connected direct to the monitor BNC input no image is displayed. I presume the BNC input cannot handle the HD image?

Are there any HD-SDI to VGA/BNC converters? Or BNC to HDMI?

Many thanks,

Steve

Unless the monitor can accept HD-SDI it won't work. I have seen a few HD-SDI to HDMI converters but not VGA. Or run into HD-SDI DVR with VGA/HDMI output.

Hi Steve,

I know the factory who produce HD/3G/SD-SDI to VGA & SDI converter. But, they only sell to the distributors. Maybe you can connect them as below.

--Factory: ASK Technology Co., Ltd

--Contact person: Andy Jiang

--Email: andy@ask-elec.com

727437575_SDItoVGAampSDIconverter-pic1.jpg.f1cf0115e26ab377dc54506cc04f88cc.jpg