unit979

DVR with audio

Which DVR has the most audio inputs? I was wanting to stay with Kalatel, but don't think they have more than 1 channel audio.

I am trying to get an account with our local jail. They are seriously lacking video surveillance, but they are also wanting more audio.

Any help?

Brad

Silicor looks like they are using the comart audio card with some NVR software. The software looks very familiar to me. I wonder...... are they the software writers?

We have not found a good PC DVR with audio. Something always goes wrong. Not synced with video or sounds terrible.

I don't think they write any software since I've seen the same GUI on another DVR just a different name but I can't nail down the source. It is actually a pretty good but pricey system and it's main claim to fame is the audio. They also mix direct inputs and IP inputs on the same machine.

Interesting system. I think the original post here though is referring to the maximum number of audio inputs on an embedded machine not a PC based. Below is a link to another site which looks just like the Silicor but under a different brand. Any ideas on who the OEM is?

http://www.spytown.com/winvis240fra.html

Hi

I have 8 mics at a location here, they all tie into a Louroe Audio Base Station, and then their is a built in DVR/VCR output, and it sends all audio out to the 1 audio input on the Kalatel DVR.

So you see it does work. Basically, it does not record audio unless the camera is recording. So once you set motion detection recording on all cameras (not time lapse), when there is movement, the appropriate camera will start to record, and the audio along with it. Ofcourse you are getting audio from all the mic locations.

There is one system that would work with a few audio channels to several thousand channels. Two options.

Nice System's core business is audio logging of audio, match their DVR to their audio loggers and you have unlimited audio and video, Video using H263 and H264, audio using ADPCM 16 and 32.

Or, look on the web for Voice logging companies, I found about 5 that due some what of the same as Nice does and they support SDK for integration to any DVR with open architecture.

sounds good I will take a look, thanks

I like to develop my own software If possible.

rory

you know what I need, is a seperate audio server, that I can connec to over the internet/lan, and then just implement that into my DVR remote software, in other words, in my software I can conenct to the DVR, then seperately connect to the audio server. What i need is a all in one audio box, not something that uses a PC at the location. Any ideas?

you know what I need, is a seperate audio server, that I can connec to over the internet/lan, and then just implement that into my DVR remote software, in other words, in my software I can conenct to the DVR, then seperately connect to the audio server. What i need is a all in one audio box, not something that uses a PC at the location. Any ideas?
The only one I can think of in the large scale would be NICE, now I am not sure if they have integrated their audio and video cards in a larger than say 32-40 inputs yet. You may want to do an inquiry.

As stated here before, indeed Nice is one of the pioneers of quality audio recording.

They won't disappoint you on quality.

(Beware of the price)

march networks can do 12 audio in and out per 16 cameras...www.marchnetworks.com

Thats good to know, ill take a look over there.