Sign in to follow this  
Roswell426

Hikvision camera not able to see NAS via NFS... again!

Where can I get firmware V5.1.2 or newer? I need the Chinese version to avoid the 'Language version mismatch'... or the details on what 3 bytes to change in the header to make a European version become a Chinese version.

I bought some Chinese Hikvision cameras (DS-2CD2032-I) and they are saying my NAS has a status of "Offline". My current cameras (Chinese Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW) are able to see the NAS, and they say the status is "Normal".

The new DS-2CD2032-I cameras are on firmware V5.1.0 build 131202, which should be recent enough to get the NAS NFS fix. I checked the davinci file, and it already has the hex fix (x'5001DCC09DE54900001A0B005CE14700001A' becomes x'5001DCC09DE5000000000B005CE100000000').

The old DS-2CD2432F-IW cameras are on firmware V5.1.2 build 140116, which works with my Asustor AS-604T NAS. I did apply the hex fix to the version to get this to work, as well as switch it to English.

Any help would be welcomed!

One of the 3 cameras decided to have Chinese menus after a power reset. I gave it several soft reboots (from the System Maintenance menu) and it stayed English, but now I can't get it back to English. The other 2 cameras are still English after several reboots and power reset too. Weird!

Even with the Chinese menus, it still doesn't get the NAS status right.

I think the reason the cameras were sometimes staying English is because I didn't clear the buffer out of the browser. Also discovered that there are 3 ways to update the firmware on the camera.

1. On the cameras web page, Configuration, Maintenance, Firmware upgrade. This method is easiest, if you have the correct language of firmware.

2. Use Telnet to copy the file from the NAS 192.168.0.199 /Web to cameras /dav directory.

# /bin/ftpput -u NASUserName -p NASPassword 192.168.0.199 /Web/davinci.tar.gz /dav/davinci.tar.gz

3. Use the TFTP recovery method.

The last 2 methods don't need the correct language firmware file... so you can switch to English firmware.