Sign in to follow this  
thewireguys

Hikvision IVMS 5200

Will be interesting to see who pays for vendor camera specific software and will it be really cheap or compete with other commercial solutions.

IVMS-5200 looks like a solution suitable for a larger install, they have two versions pro and enterprise, pro allow up to 1024 devices and enterprise is unlimited, it also will connect to third party cameras. It also looks like you need to setup a dedicated server to use this as well.

It is probably more of a "me too" product because like you stated, there is other stuff out there that can do this, if not better.

Probably so a vendor/installer can offer a pure Hikvision solution to customers, under the guise of "one throat to choke"

Does anyone know of a third party open source that work with Hikvision cameras using firmware greater than version 5.1.0?

The only open source software I know if is Zoneminder on Linux and iSpyConnect on Windows. Zoneminder is complete open source, iSpyConnect has their basic product as open source, but has premium features on subscription. There's better free software, but not open source.

I have more than 50 location where Hkvision DVR are installed. And I monitored them for many purposes using IVMS 4200

The problem is that it checks every added location after interval of 3 minutes that slows down the my internet and that location too.

Is there a way I could set it to manual instead hitting every site after 3miutes

great post!

Is there a version available for mac as well?

I'm using and selling this software

So, here are some fast facts about iVMS-5200:

It has client-server architecture

Only Windows version (server suggested)

5200 can support 3rd party cameras (that's why it's paid software I think)

Active Directory support

It supports more complex e-maps

More alarm pop-ups

Alarm windows and divisions

Business Intelligence package - you can make global heat maps by getting data from all heat map and ppl counting cameras. POS integration.

Panel for easy health check of all devices

Hikvision Access control integration module

Global Positioning system for mobile DVRs and Personal DVRs

Redundant server support

the trial works a month from installation date... sets it´s date in the register in Windows.... just sayin... thats the only protection as far as I can see.