pcontraf

WatchNET ES-48016-RTS Web Client

As the subject implies, I'm working with a WatchNET DVR, model ES-48016-RTS. Most of the DVR's functionality seems intact, except for the web control. The UI is being butchered by both IE (64- and 32-bit) and Chrome, making it unusable. I'm still able to get into the configuration menus, but no video will display. Attached are screenshots of what I'm seeing.

I understand webrec.cab and various ActiveX controls are necessary for this UI to function. I've enabled ActiveX in every way I can and removed all security from the browsers for intranet locations, and still the best I can get is what you see above.

The webrec.cab is what I have the least faith in, though a search for "webrec" throughout the drive does yield a 'webrec.inf' in the 'Windows\Downloaded Program Files' folder. Right-clicking the .inf and choosing 'Install' alerts me that "The file 'dhdvr.dll' on (Unknown) is needed." I'm not sure if I even need to install from this .inf, or if its existence implies installation of the .cab.

With so much about this DVR working properly, I'd like to assume the web control can as well and there's just one setting or a missing add-on somewhere preventing it.

Any thoughts? Happy to provide more information.

login.thumb.png.abf5c61765b65a53e9cb4bda4636cfb6.png

admin.thumb.png.ce893b4d2e2269e7715ef7c9807d2adf.png

Did you try operating this in IE compatibility view mode? Just a thought... must anything that wasn't bought last week seems to be needing this feature.