bomberb17

Attaching zoom lens to Qsee bullet camera

I've got a Qsee DVR which includes bullet cameras very similar to this below.

I'd like to monitor my house's entrance, but the distance between the wall the camera is mounted on and the entrance is about 100ft, so I can't recognize someone's face.

So I'm looking for a lens to make the camera permanently zoom into the entrance. (fixed zoom)

Anyone know of some that can be attached on this type of camera?

248867_1.jpg

?view=att&th=1469f662eef26ad2&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

Try http://www.m12lenses.com/ as some people have had good luck there. The problem with M12 lenses an IR cameras is you'll have to find one that's the same length. Too long and it won't fit in the case, too short and you'll get IR light bleed from the LEDs.

To ID someone with an analog camera at 100', my guess is you'll need about an 80mm lens. We use a 50mm lens at about 70' so I would think you need more than 50mm for sure.

Also, you do realize that the IR won't go that far, so you'll have to have lights 100' away.

Ok thanks for the tips.. So which type of lens should I choose? M12 or CS mount? Do I need a lens holder? How can I find the correct lens that would fit on the cam?

Hi. Your not going to get a lens into that camera for what you want

It would be a waste of a camera to try.

CNB camera would be a good replacement camera if that is an option

You can get box cameras with 5-100mm lens...if you don't have light at that location, you can try external long range IR illuminators. Just make sure your box camera has ICR to see the IR. But if your entrance is lit it should be fine.

Is your camera outside? then you need housing too...

So most of you suggest that it's not worth to try attaching lens on that camera, correct?

The camera is mounted on an outside wall..

So I will have to buy another varifocal camera.. Any suggestions?