russ

Total IP Video Solution Needed

Anyone know of (and have experience with) a total IP network video solution? I would prefer an "out of the box" type configuration. However, if the best solution would require the integration of a NVR with a variety of IP cameras and components I would appreciate your insight on the best stuff available.

The application I am working on is financial video security so I need the ability to record based on motion yet recieve a trigger (relay closure) from the banks alarm system to begin recording all camera inputs at an increased programmable frame rate. I need both interior and exterior camera configurations with the ability to adjust the field of view based on the camera location (Teller, CSR, Vault, Lobby, Exit, Drive-up, ATM) etc. A storage capacity of 90 days will be required with the ability to access and export video remotely. I prefer to establish a standard system design because of the potential for this to "roll-out" to multiple locations.

Thanks... really!

russ

Loronix?? They don't make cameras do they?? I am a distributer for Verint/Loronix/Lanex/Smartsight and I know they have some nice software and NVR's but if you bought a kit and it had cameras in it I don't think they were theres. Did the kit you bought have cameras? Were did you buy it at? ANyways there is alot of stuff out there and I have heard good things about Verint, Visual Sentry, and Video Insight for software and NVR's. For Software, NVR's and/or cameras check otu Toshiba, Sony, Axis and Appro Tech. Toshiba even works with a third party that will host your IP cameras for a monthly fee. They keep all your video on servers and you will have access to all of it as if it were your own video server. If you want I can give you some contact info for there reps to see about some demonstations. If this is going to be a good size job for you they have no problem trying to strut there stuff.

thanks for the information everyone... it'll get me started on my fact finding mission. Why IP... well the customer asked "why not" so I'm trying to get my head around the important issues related to the technology. Discussions about structured wiring, PoE and cost benefits are now topics when discussing video solutions with our bank customers.

always interested in hearing the pros and cons of any emerging technology from people who have actually worked with it... I'll touch base with some of the manufacturers mentioned.

Thanks again,

russ

I have only worked with Sony and Toshibas IP equipment and found both easy to use and set up but I have customers who are all over the board with different opinions on whats best and whats not...even a couple who design and build there own servers. Keep us posted on what you find.

Check out Acti, Ive looked at every other and from what I have seen in all the Specs for each one, Acti has the fastest speeds and largest selection for one company (yes even compared to those above listed companies). Alot of the other companies simply rebadge gear from other manufacturers and use an SDK, Acti is the manufacturer.

Course the software isnt that great though so you should look at a third party for software/PC side of it.

Edited by Guest

First thing to remember is that your IP Cameras need to be on a seperate network. (The DVR can be the bridge between networks.)

Common mistakes:

1. Bandwith. You will need it. You will need alot of it.

2. User Access. Secure the cameras. Security guards get pissy if they find the hiden camera watching them.

3. Finding a line that fits your needs. Axis meets some needs but not others. Vivotek meets those needs but not others.

Thomas I can honestly say that bandwidth is not much of an issue when using the JVC IP Solution. JVC has a complete IP solution that currently works with 14 different manufacturers of cameras without the need of any special software. Plug and Play. Just to name a few

Axis

Sony

Toshiba

Panasonic

Samsung

D-Link

Flexwatch

and of course JVC

The software is very user friendly and programming is very simple. We DO NOT suggest putting the cameras on a companies network. We ask you to build a parallel network, bringing the cameras to a switch. You would then connect the switch to the VNR. JVC's VNR has 2 NIC cards. One is to bring the cameras in from the switch the other is to put on the network. Therefore we are not using any bandwidth for recording of the cameras. We will only use bandwidth when we the customer is viewing cameras over the network. Even then we are only looking at 1 IP address whether it be 1 NVR or 100 NVR. The VRN is firewall protected and has 4 levels of password protection to hide cameras. The thing I like the most is that it is LINUX based. There are 60,000 of these machines out in the field. The government uses it as an e-mail server. JVC has partnered with the data storage company and have successfully conquered the ability to store video on this video server. We also have Map Consoles, VOIP, Video Walls etc. etc. etc. We can integrate with Object Video, Access Control, POS and so on. Check it out. the part number for one of the VNR is VRN-100U-1320. This is the 1.3 Terabyte unit. We also have a 2 Terabyte unit. We have additional storage through JVC of over 90 Terabytes and through the company JVC has partnered up with we have the capabilty to store up to 92 PETABYTES. List Price on the 1.3 Terabyte Unit is about $12000.

let me know if you have any other questions.