monstercs

Home IP PTZ System - What Software?

So I'm both new to this forum and the world of CCTV... I have purchased 3 WANSCAM EXTERNAL IP DOME PTZ camera's... £55 Each including shipping rate's... I have watched countless videos, For the price seem very capable of covering my small 3 bed semi...

Now the software included look's basic... What would people suggest I should use? Max software budget £100... I want to be able to control the PTZ, Have preset points and be able to put the camera's in cruise mode if this can be achived... Also record on alarm...

Any suggestions, Would be appricated...

Thanks in advance!

MonsterCS

Thanks for that advice, Thought I was going to get 0 response...

I actually downloaded that yesterday, (Seen Few Threads) Just not got round to trying it out... So I'll give it a try shortly...

Any more suggestions, Please post!

So I'm both new to this forum and the world of CCTV... I have purchased 3 WANSCAM EXTERNAL IP DOME PTZ camera's... £55 Each including shipping rate's... I have watched countless videos, For the price seem very capable of covering my small 3 bed semi...

Now the software included look's basic... What would people suggest I should use? Max software budget £100... I want to be able to control the PTZ, Have preset points and be able to put the camera's in cruise mode if this can be achived... Also record on alarm...

Any suggestions, Would be appricated...

Thanks in advance!

MonsterCS

FYI. While the camera(s) are in cruise mode or any PTZ controls are in use. Motion detection is disabled until the cruise stops or PTZ controls are not in use. This means that no motion detection alarm(s) could or would take place to record.

This same logic takes place for many if not most IP Camera brands and models. Due to making it virtually impossible to detect motion while any PTZ controls are being used. This also includes Preset controls in use as well. Which also can be used in cruises.

These facts, are rarely if ever, mentioned in IP Camera user manuals. Causing the vast majority of IP Cameras to not be aware of these facts unless or until they realize that motion detection is never taking place while their camera(s) are in cruise mode.

Because of this. Even if you are using constant recording of the camera(s). You have no idea of when or if motion took place. When a IP Camera is in constant cruise mode. Requiring you to review entire recordings to see if motion ever took place.

Don