Sign in to follow this  
sneg_mike

Correct way to sit isolation ring ??? My IR is really bad

My IR at nite time is terrible, so Ive been told and from what I have looked up in this forum

im getting IR bounce back off of the dome of the camera.

"This can generally be corrected by making sure the isolation ring around the lens of the camera is seated properly to the inside of the glass globe"

I took off the cover and pulled the rubber ring out some more and played around with it, but the IR is still just as bad

what am I doing wrong and is there a "correct way" to do this ?

mike.

driveway.thumb.jpg.a3d15e8f8079133b4afb8cef3f3625da.jpg

You say your picture at night is terrible - does this mean it is ok in the day?

Check that you don't still have the protective film on the dome or lens.

You say your picture at night is terrible - does this mean it is ok in the day?

Check that you don't still have the protective film on the dome or lens.

Yes and Yes, during the day its fine, no protective film for the first few months the cam was working great

with ir at nite time its slowly getting more and more cloudy

Have you checked to make sure you don't have condensation at night? Taking the dome off outside on a humid night can start a pattern of moisture infiltration that the camera can sometimes never fully correct from ever. That's just another reason why I really don't like domes outside, and I never get an ir dome either. Too finicky. You may have pulled the foam ring too far forward and ir is getting in at the back end. The foam may be just breaking down too. If you have a warranty, get a replacement. You can only do so much if it just won't behave. Also be sure nothing like walls or roof overhang is in the shot at very close distance. That can cause issues.

Have you checked to make sure you don't have condensation at night? Taking the dome off outside on a humid night can start a pattern of moisture infiltration that the camera can sometimes never fully correct from ever. That's just another reason why I really don't like domes outside, and I never get an ir dome either. Too finicky. You may have pulled the foam ring too far forward and ir is getting in at the back end. The foam may be just breaking down too. If you have a warranty, get a replacement. You can only do so much if it just won't behave. Also be sure nothing like walls or roof overhang is in the shot at very close distance. That can cause issues.

Thanks for the reply

a little while back I contacted my place of purchase, they are out of warranty but did offer to fix / have a look at them but I

do not any down time with out the cameras ( sending them back to cctv discover.com in china)

you say the foam may be breaking down, where could I buy replacement foam from I might give that a try,

as for the roof overhang its about 200mm but the cameras are pointed right down away from that as it is a double story home