rak313

US sources for Hikvision ip cameras.

I am looking to buy a Hikvision IP camera. I have decided to buy only from US vendors and not gamble on buying direct from china. Tempting, but too many things can go wrong. From minor - sent wrong focal lenght, to bad - camera doesn't work, vendor won't answer your email.

I have searched and can't find any for sure Hikvision USA resellers (I probably wouldn't like the price even if i did). I did find a site in Plano Tx that said Hikvision USA on their website ad, but they didn't respond to my email when I asked if it's really a Hikvision USA camera (red flag).

So now it's down to "good" sites that import "English" versions. The problem is I don't know which ones are reputable.

IMO, signs of being reputable website are:

1) web site has name, address, and phone number of place of business.

2) 30 day return policy - if camera is in same condition as it was out of the box - with all items returned.

3) no more that 15% restocking fee.

4) good reputation among user community.

So far, I've only found 1 online store that met 1), 2), 3) above and they didn't sell the wireless model I wanted (Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IWS ).

Assuming this is not breaking this site's policy, I would like anyone who has a recommendation for a good US vendor selling Hikvision to PM me and share your buying experience.

Nelly's Security. Search for them at nellyssecurity.com. Bought cameras from him for years. Good prices and great support.

.'s Security. Search for them at .. Bought cameras from him for years. Good prices and great support.

Well I would if I knew what that meant. How about a PM?

The forum auto-deletes this vendor, in both posts and PMs, unless it's misspelled. Lots of old drama still floating around here.

The problem was one of forum rules, not customer satisfaction.

If you go to the BI forum at cam-it.org, you can see more feedback.