unclerandy

How do I stop the IR flash off the wall?

i have the exact same issue, the solution is to turn on BLC, and play around with where to focus the back light compensation. The wall will still be bright, but it wont be dark in the other area anymore.

Is BLC a feature on my Swann NVR already? Ive gone through all the settings I and haven't come across that feature or setting. Can you tell me where to find it?

BLC setting are mixed in with WDR settings. You might need to manually log into the camera to do it. But last i tried my lorex(hikvision) system, i vaguely remember being able to adjust WDR settings.

i have the exact same issue, the solution is to turn on BLC, and play around with where to focus the back light compensation. The wall will still be bright, but it wont be dark in the other area anymore.

Is BLC a feature on my Swann NVR already? Ive gone through all the settings I and haven't come across that feature or setting. Can you tell me where to find it?

BLC setting are mixed in with WDR settings. You might need to manually log into the camera to do it. But last i tried my lorex(hikvision) system, i vaguely remember being able to adjust WDR settings.

These are my very first cameras. I don't know how to 1)Log into the cameras, 2) I don't know where to find WDR settings. Can anyone provide me step by step directions to try any of the things being suggested here??

[

These are my very first cameras. I don't know how to 1)Log into the cameras, 2) I don't know where to find WDR settings. Can anyone provide me step by step directions to try any of the things being suggested here??

Do you have a user manual?

I'm not familiar with your setup but you should be able to log into the camera from either your NVR, browser or manufacturer's provided software.

[

Do you have a user manual?

I'm not familiar with your setup but you should be able to log into the camera from either your NVR, browser or manufacturer's provided software.

The Swann manual doesn't offer any instruction for getting into the cameras individually and has no info about "smart IR, WSD, or BLC. I really need some help here.

Some firmware versions on some cams are providing what they call hallway mode, where it will rotate both the camera and the image so you can get a tall field of view instead of a wide one. This helps most with 1080p or other 16:9 resolutions (which yours appears to be).

I have a cam that looks down a side yard, and it appears to be pointed right at the neighbor's windows, so I showed them what I could see (essentially just the lights turning on and off inside, no detail beyond the windows).

That one gave me IR trouble for a long time because it's mounted under the eaves, and looking long ways, there was no way to avoid IR reflection causing a lot of washout.

I finally turned off the IR and put up an external illuminator, and it made a huge difference:

http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=7429.0

Some firmware versions on some cams are providing what they call hallway mode, where it will rotate both the camera and the image so you can get a tall field of view instead of a wide one. This helps most with 1080p or other 16:9 resolutions (which yours appears to be).

I have a cam that looks down a side yard, and it appears to be pointed right at the neighbor's windows, so I showed them what I could see (essentially just the lights turning on and off inside, no detail beyond the windows).

That one gave me IR trouble for a long time because it's mounted under the eaves, and looking long ways, there was no way to avoid IR reflection causing a lot of washout.

I finally turned off the IR and put up an external illuminator, and it made a huge difference:

http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=7429.0

If I went that route how would I turn off the internal IR?

By accessing the camera's configuration directly.

Somewhere in your Swann NVR configuration, you can see the IP addresses of the cameras.

I think they will be 172.16.1.x with a subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Give your computer a manual IP address of 172.16.1.240 & subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Plug your computers ethernet port into one of the POE ports of the NVR.

Use one of the cameras IP addresses in your web browser to access it directly.

You can also use the HIKVision SADP (Search Accessable Devices Protocol) software to find IP addresses of the cameras once you connect to the NVR POE ports.

By accessing the camera's configuration directly.

You'll also need relatively new firmware. I think the ability to turn IR on and off separately was introduced in 5.1.0 or 5.1.2. Once you get access to the camera, you can check that.

Why cant you turn the camera to cancel out most of the wall?. The current position makes no sense to me.

Its a narrow walk way. I have the cameras high enough so they cant be easily reached and one in each direction. If I were to turn them outward away from the wall it would just film the neighbors side yard and not my own.

I think the easiest solution is to rotate the camera 90 degrees - as suggested earlier. I had this same issue along my 8 ft wide driveway. When you view the camera image, you'll simply get used to it being in a different orientation. The advantage may be that you'll not only get rid of the hot IR spot on the wall, but you'll see more of the length of the walkway than you are presently.

Also as mentioned, if you can figure out how to connect your laptop to your camera (via the nvr using an ethernet cable), you can then rotate the view of that camera to display the same as the others.

Good luck - I think you're on your way. Post an example after you rotate the camera. It's a 5 minute task on the rotation.

Why cant you turn the camera to cancel out most of the wall?. The current position makes no sense to me.

Its a narrow walk way. I have the cameras high enough so they cant be easily reached and one in each direction. If I were to turn them outward away from the wall it would just film the neighbors side yard and not my own.

I think the easiest solution is to rotate the camera 90 degrees - as suggested earlier. I had this same issue along my 8 ft wide driveway. When you view the camera image, you'll simply get used to it being in a different orientation. The advantage may be that you'll not only get rid of the hot IR spot on the wall, but you'll see more of the length of the walkway than you are presently.

Also as mentioned, if you can figure out how to connect your laptop to your camera (via the nvr using an ethernet cable), you can then rotate the view of that camera to display the same as the others.

Good luck - I think you're on your way. Post an example after you rotate the camera. It's a 5 minute task on the rotation.

Why would rotating the camera have any effect on the IR's reflecting off the wall? The IR's are 360 degrees around the front of the camera.

Why would rotating the camera have any effect on the IR's reflecting off the wall? The IR's are 360 degrees around the front of the camera.

It will probably still hit the wall, but you should see less of it.

Your image is currently wider than it is tall, with both the left and right sides filled with useless information. Rotaing the image makes it taller and thinner. You get to see more of the walkway, less of the wall & less of the neighbors.

It will take less than five minutes to do so don't worry about what is written here - just try it. If you don't like it put it back.