Sign in to follow this  
chesterfield

Avigilon connecting to mixed server base

Anyone had experience in connecting to a mixed version environment with Avigilon Client?

I have two sites, one running avigilon server 5, the other running version 4.12. Gateway set up on both (with corresponding versions).

If I install Client Version 5, I can quite happily connect to the version 5 site (client pc is on same network as the version 5 server), but cannot connect to the version 4.12 server even if I add the IP manually and select the port 50080 for the version 4.12 server

If I install the Client version 4.12, then I can connect to the 4.12 server (as long as I add the site manually with its IP, because it is on a different network). But I cannot connect to the version 5 site, even if adding the correct IP and port 38880.

The andriod app will happily connect to both sites and display my chosen cameras from each site.

Has anyone else come across this problem? What was your solution?

It appears you cant have both versions of the client installed at the same time either.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks for any help.

Anyone had experience in connecting to a mixed version environment with Avigilon Client?

I have two sites, one running avigilon server 5, the other running version 4.12. Gateway set up on both (with corresponding versions).

If I install Client Version 5, I can quite happily connect to the version 5 site (client pc is on same network as the version 5 server), but cannot connect to the version 4.12 server even if I add the IP manually and select the port 50080 for the version 4.12 server

If I install the Client version 4.12, then I can connect to the 4.12 server (as long as I add the site manually with its IP, because it is on a different network). But I cannot connect to the version 5 site, even if adding the correct IP and port 38880.

It appears you cant have both versions of the client installed at the same time either.

Many thanks for any help.

Any suggestions?

It is not a problem

ACC 4 will not work with ACC 5

upgrade to Ver 5

also ACC 4 Client can work with ACC 5 Client on the same comp

Ok, so for mixed server environments, or for people who have the necessity to monitor sites that have different server versions, the only available option is to have both versions of the client installed on the same PC.

Can you advise how you managed to install both versions of the client on the same PC? When I install version 5, it overwrites version 4.12. Similarly if I try and install version 4.12 when I already have version 5 installed, it wants to overwrite again. There does not appear to be an option during the install to select where you want the software installing (i.e. install each version in its own directory).

Ok, so for mixed server environments, or for people who have the necessity to monitor sites that have different server versions, the only available option is to have both versions of the client installed on the same PC.

Can you advise how you managed to install both versions of the client on the same PC? When I install version 5, it overwrites version 4.12. Similarly if I try and install version 4.12 when I already have version 5 installed, it wants to overwrite again. There does not appear to be an option during the install to select where you want the software installing (i.e. install each version in its own directory).

PM was sent

Avigilon released a stand alone client for 4.12 that runs as an exe.

You can run both on the same computer.

I have to connect to both because I have customers with both.

Look for AvigilonControlCenterStandaloneClient-4.12.0.44.exe

ftp://ftp.avigilon.com/

Actually Scott it is possible to install both ver on the same comp

You have three options:

1) Upgrade ACC 4 server to ACC 5 server

2) Upgrade ACC 4 server/client to latest build: 4.12.0.48

This build includes support to run ACC 4 client and ACC 5 client on the same machine.

" Modified the 4.12 client so that it can run simultaneously with the ACC 5 client "

http://4a54f0271b66873b1ef4-ddc094ae70b29d259d46aa8a44a90623.r7.cf2.rackcdn.com/assets/Uploads/ACC-4.12.0.48.ReleaseNotes3.pdf

3) install the standalone version of ACC 4 that others have listed.

I would recommend upgrading so both sites are ACC 5

Installing the latest version of 4.12.0.48 does not allow it to be installed with version 5 on the same machine. No matter what the release notes state.

If you install version 4.12.0.48 and then install version 5, it upgrades the installation. Only one installation is on the machine.

If you install version 5 and then install version 4.12.0.48 then this again overwrites version 5 and you still only have one version installed.

The ONLY way to run both appears to be to run the standalone version.

Even Microsoft can manage to allow different versions of excel/word etc to be installed on the same machine.

Oh well, at least there is a solution that will workaround until I get round to upgrading the 4.12 to version 5. Sadly missed out on the free upgrade for one site as I had version 4.12 before Sept 12.

Yep - Just had a quote back from my usual supplier it does seem that there may be a reasonable way to upgrade.

Buy a single channel ACC4 license, gives a spare camera license, but also gives a free upgrade, and that upgrade will upgrade all licenses connected to the server.

Works out £115 + Vat in the UK. Seems Reasonable?

Yep - Just had a quote back from my usual supplier it does seem that there may be a reasonable way to upgrade.

Buy a single channel ACC4 license, gives a spare camera license, but also gives a free upgrade, and that upgrade will upgrade all licenses connected to the server.

Works out £115 + Vat in the UK. Seems Reasonable?

That's it!

And also if a server has even a 1 channel license purchased after the fall of September 2012 it qualifies for the upgrade.