suzook

Stutter during live playback with Hikvision 3mp cams

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes.

I am just on the tail end of changing out my entire 16 channel/16 cam HD-SDI system with a full Hikvision 3mp cam and 16 channel NVR.

Because I do not want to go through another cabling change, I purposely went with Cat7 all the way around. I even have done cat7 from the NVR to my Netgear nighthawk 7000 router which has a gigabit connection. Its for future proofing alone.

So I have 13 cameras up right now and with each channel in live view, I am getting a second or two freeze every 10 seconds or so. I have moved the bit rates way down (had them all at 12288 and couldnt even get more than 8 cams up) and now in the 2k range.

I am not sure if its a router setting (upnp or Qos) but with the network I have the backbone certainly seems big enough to handle this and with no stutter

Its interesting to note, my HD-SDI running at 2mp had zero freeze?

Cant figure this out

3mp Hik bullets and 3mp turrets

anyone? Really would appreciate the help

The nighttime images are so shockingly poor from these cameras. I have to be doing something wrong

What model NVR?

The NVR has a limited incoming bandwidth.

What framerates.

Is your issue local or remote, using the main stream or sub stream?

DS-7716NI-SP

Its happening on both, viewing it via the NVR and also with remote viewing.

The bullets are at 30fps and the turrets at 20fps

i-frame settings maybe?

i had to adjust mine, forgot what it was to remove studder remote viewing, previously it would refresh every 2-3 seconds when remote viewing.

are you on avs forums by any chance?

and this is happening both with live viewing from the NVR and with remote view.

I suspect I need to adjust my router to give priority to the NVR?

If you have a problem viewing the cameras on the local network, the problem is not the router.

It's hard to find definitive information for HIKVision products, but it could be that the NVR is limited to 80Mbps incoming bandwidth.

DS-7716NI-SP

Its happening on both, viewing it via the NVR and also with remote viewing.

The bullets are at 30fps and the turrets at 20fps

Try lowering all to 10-15 fps. You don't need 20-30 fps going at all. Match your I-frame to your FPS, which I've read has helped others.

thank you all for the tips. Its getting better but I am still almost regretting pulling out my HD-SDI system

The night time live view is absolutely horrid. I cannot understand why its so bad.

And I just looked at the specs. You are correct its limited to 80mbps

so in this case, would I be better off getting a 16 port poe and drive it with a computer using a software solution?

What computer power can handle 16 FullHD streams? As in playing 16 FullHD movies at the same time?

Your best bet, for now, is to get a switch only for the cameras and the NVR, with a high internal switching bandwidth/rate.

the Hik NVR I am using has 16 POE built in.

I have yet to find a switch that has 16 full POE.

Any suggestions for an NVR with enough bandwidth

There are lots of 24 and 48 port POE switches. These are corporate switches, and are expensive new as well as noisy, but you can buy them used pretty cheap sometimes. I run a Dell 24 port POE switch that was around $120.

the Hik NVR I am using has 16 POE built in.

Missed that point.

Doesn't it complain about maximum incoming bandwidth? I don't think it's usual to let you use/plugin cameras with a total bandwidth higher than supported.

How about setting cameras at 1080p, rather than 3Mp?

One or more of these

WS-POE-8-48v60w passive Power Over Ethernet POE Injector for 8 IP cameras, VOIP phones or Access Points, 48 volts, 60 watts max

http://www.amazon.com/WS-POE-8-48v60w-passive-Ethernet-Injector-cameras/dp/B0086SQDMM/ref=pd_cp_p_3

and some duct tape and you're all set. Use whatever Gbit switch you like. Go with single injectors for cameras that may need a lot of power. Gbit switches are cheap, and should be. Having to settle for a 100 Mbps fast ethernet switch (for $ reasons) to get POE is nuts.

If you're handy you can make your own, but $6 a port is cheap enough.

To fix you nightime issue, you need to login to the cameras themselves and change up the noise reduction to 100 percent. Make sure the wdr is set to under 10. What is the exact issue you are having with night images?