kiaya611

Has anyone had any experience or even heard of ESCAM IP Cams

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have been wanting to set up a home surveillance system for a while now, but haven't had the funds. I got an email from an online company (Tmart.com) and they had these 720p HD Wireless IP cameras for a "pre-release" price which I thought was very good, so I ordered eight of them. They finally cam and look like really nice cameras, but the information that comes with them and the software and the sites they recommend to set accounts up on are rather lacking in their information. Everything looks simple enough. The IP address, user name and password as well as a P2P ID is on each camera and it looks like you could just load their software, (which I did), create a cloud account (which I did) and install the cameras. Well, as far as I can tell, either the IP address is incorrect, or the camera has to be put into some "discovery mode"...and I have tried removing power to it and then putting it back hoping that it would be "receptive". I have tried two of the eight cameras, both directly connected to the Ethernet and wirelessly. I have tried all kind of third party IP Search programs, and other sites that you can create an online account on. I have tried this on two of my computers and get nothing. I can't communicate with the camera/s at all.

I am, by no means a network expert and allot of this is above my head, but I am not unfamiliar with how computers work and have looked at the modem/wireless router and have checked everything I can think of checking. I either need to get these cameras to work or return them and try a different avenue.

I don't know if it ok to put links on this forum, but here is the link to the camera and a youtube video on "How to set it up".

http://www.tmart.com/Escam-QD520-HD-720P-Waterproof-P2P-IP-IR-Dome-Camera-with-IR-Cut-White_p258837.html

I don't know if I am missing something simple or what. I have contacted the company and with their EXTREMELY broken English and seemingly complete lack of knowledge of the product, I didn't get anywhere.

I really need some help with this. Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Steven

first off bro, you need to make sure camera and computer/router on same subnet, like 192.168.1.10 for camera and 192.168.1.*** for router/comp. 192.168.0.*** will not work.

first off bro, you need to make sure camera and computer/router on same subnet, like 192.168.1.10 for camera and 192.168.1.*** for router/comp. 192.168.0.*** will not work.

I appreciate that info, but how do I "discover" the camera/s in the first place. If I cannot communicate with the camera/s I cannot change anything.

Look in the quick start guide, I found it on one of the links you posted. The camera default ip address is 192.168.1.10. The internal ip address of your comp/router must be in the same subnet 192.168.1.***, if not, you need to temporarily change the computer ip address to same as camera, then access the camera to change the ip address of camera to your networks address.You can do a forum or google search on how to do this.

Do you know the internal ip address of your camera?

It looks like there is an upgrade tool, which you can access/find camera once on the same subnet. It will be named upgrade.

Thank you forthat information. After your last post, I contacted my IP and learned that I need a Static IP for this kind of use as I have a Dynamic IP now, so I am going to look into that. Also, I am returning the cameras because they don't offer PoE and I am going to get different cameras, maybe 2.0 Megapixel 1080p cameras (some with sound) instead. I am also trying to figure out if I need an NP Switch and NVR or if I can use these on the "Cloud and with my dedicated "Security Computer"...although it only has a 1TByte HDD. It seems that I need at least a 4TByte HDD if I plan to record any length of video at all out of that many cameras. As you know, I am VERY new to all of this and am trying to conquer the learning curve asap. If you have any suggestion as to the layout of the system, i.e. cameras, NP, NVR, Computer, etc., I would really appreciate it. You know...what is needed, brands to look at (and to stay afraid from) and software providers that like Milestone, etc. that handle all of this monitoring locally and so I can access and change things remotely via a computer or smart phone. Thank you in advance for your help. Steven

I got an escam from ebay, didnt work, could find IP but the camera did not work. Got some techninal boffins to check it out and they confirmed it was dead. after several emails the seller agreed to send another, but a month later nothing. I think, maybe as the name suggests, it is in fact an E-scam. My advice would be buy something that is proven and from a local vendor that you can choke when it doesnt work

I got a escam from yallstock on Ebay. It didnt work. A month later no sign of the promised replacement.

I have 3 wanscam ip cameras, they work fine.

Escam looks good on paper but I have not seen one that actually works

I have working escam QD500 bought from china website, at first there was hassle with setting it up because it had hard coded IP but I managed to change that into DHCP and is now working as expected. I don't like the provided IE controls and vMeye is also crap so I use its RTSP feed for monitoring. Framerate on RTSP is a bit low and I also had to write a custom script so that I can turn motion detection on/off with a single URL call.

Web site has now changed into something different so I'm guessing no support any more. Too bad as I was hoping for a firmware upgrade.

I'm really glad someone figured out how to set up the DHCP, can you share how you did that?

First you need to get IE with the ActiveX plugin working. This is the tricky part.

- set your router so that it has IP 192.168.1.1 (default on all routers)

- on yor windows machine, press Win+R and start "cmd" then enter c:\>ipconfig, it must show your 'IPv4 Address' as 192.168.1.XXX and 'Default Gateway' as 192.168.1.1

- start IE and type address http://192.168.1.10

if everything is as described above, you'll get Username and Password prompt in CHINESE

- change language on top-right of the screen then close/reopen IE, you should see user/pass in your language

- click 'download', then "allow" and/or "ok" and install ActiveX plugin, after installation, restart IE again.

- enter "admin" as user and leave password blank. Click 'login'

Camera page should load now and prompt you for "Connect all video", if you click OK camera feed will show

- press 'Device cfg'

- choose gear icon

- click 'NetWork"

- enable checkbox "DHCP Enable"

- enter Primary DNS 192.168.1.1 (or your ISP DNS)

- Click OK

- reboot your camera under "advanced" tab in 'Device cfg'

at this point you need to find out new IP address of your camera. On my Asus router I find it under status->DHCP leases.

It is a good idea to setup your router to give your camera always the same IP address. This can be set up on router under DHCP Server settings.

I picked up two of these to test and both of the mini-CDs with the software are almost completely unreadable by multiple computers and operating systems. Does anyone happen to have the 188MB of content? I have had very little luck so far, only able to retrieve a few items here and there.

I picked up two of these to test and both of the mini-CDs with the software are almost completely unreadable by multiple computers and operating systems. Does anyone happen to have the 188MB of content? I have had very little luck so far, only able to retrieve a few items here and there.

Which models did you buy? I was able to read the mini-cd but there was nothing really useful on it. There is an user guide but its totally useless. I will upload the contents to a fileshare next week when I get back home

Same unreadable cds happened several times with several diff china brands. what i do is copy cd content to desktop and install from there. Worth a try.

I have just retrieved my camera from the junk box and now have it working, Thank you very much for posting. My main problem was that I was using Chrome rather than IE but still had to go to an old computer to get round the constant security reminders! Working now but with a big "burn" on the screen. I didn't think you could burn ccd!

Ive got one of these Escam owl QD100 cams. Managed to finally get it working on my IP cam app. Had to change port settings and IP with no problem but trying to change the cams internal password isn't happening. Anyone know how to change it using their very basic device manager?

Thanks