PeteCress

Haze, Condensation, or What?

3 HikVision cams - all came out of the box and were installed at the same time.

The two problem cams are on a pole and the third is under the eve of the building next to the pole.

The two on the pole have developed some sort of haze: http://tinyurl.com/pn6lxgn That screen snap was taken late in the day - as in 2030.

Cam site is ExtremeSurfCam.DynDNS.org.

First I thought "Condensation", but why those two and not the third one? And why no droplets?

I guess one lesson is to make the pole installation amenable to easy takedown/cleaning/whatever.

But I can't get down there for at least a week and meanwhile would like to hear some possibilities.

3 HikVision cams - all came out of the box and were installed at the same time.

The two problem cams are on a pole and the third is under the eve of the building next to the pole.

The two on the pole have developed some sort of haze: http://tinyurl.com/pn6lxgn That screen snap was taken late in the day - as in 2030.

Cam site is ExtremeSurfCam.DynDNS.org.

First I thought "Condensation", but why those two and not the third one? And why no droplets?

I guess one lesson is to make the pole installation amenable to easy takedown/cleaning/whatever.

But I can't get down there for at least a week and meanwhile would like to hear some possibilities.

Appears to be some sort of mist or condensation since it is so close to the water.

Some details on the particular model of camera and the type of mounting would help narrow down the possibilities.

They do tend to get "gunk" built up on them over time. Usually windex and a soft cloth will solve the issue. Installing them in a maintenance friendly way is always a big plus!

Could it be salt water spray?

Now that you have mentioned it, that sounds like a good candidate - especially since the problem cams are facing into the prevailing SW wind and we have had some 20+ MPH days recently - while the "good" cam is facing more NW.

HikVision DS-2CD2032-I's screwed to a 2x4.

I'm thinking a hinge and a padlocked hasp on the 2x4 mounting pole plus some way to control the descent or, at least, keep it from hitting the deck if/when an inexperienced person takes it upon themself to clean the cams and loses control.