John2666

American dynamics speed dome set up

I am really stuck with this and would appreciate any advice.

I am new to the PTZ set ups and I have acquire 6 external AD speed domes in housings. I am only setting one up at the moment and I cannot get past the "Checking network type"

The Dome is powered 24ac and it only has 2 data wires coming off the camera (S+ &S-) The data wires then fasten to a 'Sensornet to RS422 converter' (not sure what wire goes to where, the available connections on the converter are Txhi, TXlo and RXhi RXlo) I currently have it wired to the RX hi and lo connections. The output of the converter goes to an AD Touch Tracker 16.

On the front of the converter it has lights, the power light is solid green, the uP light is flashing, the RS485 light is solid green and the RS422 light is not lit at all.

Camera is terminated and set to address 011 (as manual recommends with Sensornet)

Sensornet is set to 32 address.

The camera will not accept any commands and I cannot access any menu's. The camera appears to be working fine as I have tried 4 different cameras with the same result.

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

To keep it simple for you right now, you can remove the SensorNet to RS422 converter from the equation.

Since you're using a TouchTracker 16 for control, it's probably safe to assume you've got one of these EIMs hooked up to it as well.

250402_1.jpg

The center three wires (white, red and black) on the plug are for your 24 VAC power supply to the TouchTracker. The two outer wires (yellow and orange) are your SensorNet communication wires. Connect these two wires to the S+ and S- terminals on the plug at the SpeedDome housing and you should be good to go. SensorNet isn't polarized so it doesn't matter which one goes to the + and which one goes to the -.

You can set the dome address to anything between 1-64.

Brento81, I am in absolute awe " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> !!! you are a star. Can I connect the other 5 cameras to the 1 EIM ??

Yes, you can. There are a few ways to do it. You could run one cable to each camera from the EIM. That would be a Star topology. The EIM would be unterminated and each camera would be terminated.

You could also daisy chain them. You would run one cable from the EIM into the first camera, then from the first camera to the second camera, second to third and so on. The EIM would be terminated and the last camera on the line would be terminated. Each camera in between would be unterminated.

You could also use that SensorNet to RS422 converter if you're going to hook up all six cameras. Each camera would have its own run from the ports on the back.