annoyednow

Email and or mobile notification for Apollo/Dahua DVR

I've got an Apollo 8 channel DVR system CCTV and I am trying to set up the email and or mobile notifications.

I have found where I'm supposed to input the email addresses but it keeps saying test email failed. I have no idea where I am going wrong.

As for the mobile notification - when I first got the system about 6 months ago I could configure this through my phone app, but it no longer seems to allow me to (version change).

I've looked through various posts on here over the past couple of years, but although people seem to have the same issues as me, they post to say they've fixed them without detailing the solution....anyone out there who can help me please?

I've tried port 25 and an array of others. I've tried my googlemail account, my Hotmail account and my outlook account. No luck.

...ps It would also be useful to know if this can be configured to send a video clip too...and if so , how to do this....?

Well, I've figured most of it out now. There's a You tube video from Dahua and it explains it very well. I'd got the port number wrong and also used gmail smtp instead of my googlemail one as I've still got a googlemail address. It seems to matter.

I still need to figure out how to get alerts to my mobile phone, so if anyone has any ideas there, please let me know.

You can fire them across to an email account on the phone. Alternatively if your dvr is supported by the latest mobile app you could use the apps push notification function