bicc

DVR - Poor Quality when viewed by DVR web page

Hi,

I am setting up a security system for my family business.

I bought a DVR off ebay (H264) a while back and im only getting some time to set up the whole system.

I connected my DVR to a monitor via a VGA cable and also connected a standard dome camera to the input (CH1) of my DVR and the quality is excellent. I'm very happy with it. However, once i type in my DVR's ip address in the web browser and view my camera over the LAN the quality is extremely poor!!

This poses a problem for me as i will have the DVR web page running locally on site and i will be using Teamviewer to view the cameras remotely.

Is there some settings in the DVR to improve the quality when viewing over a web page or is it that my DVR is a piece of crap??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Probably looking online through sub stream, find a way to change to main stream.

Some you have to right click on the video then select main stream, some you have to click on the bubbles next to the camera name to get to main stream.

If you can't find it, can you post a screen shot of the online user interface then probably some of us know how to do it?

Thanks for the reply Milkisbad.

I will take a screen shot for you at the weekend and send it on to you. I'm sure i tested for both Main Stream and Sub Stream before and it was the same result.

I will post screen shots asap.

Probably looking online through sub stream, find a way to change to main stream.

Some you have to right click on the video then select main stream, some you have to click on the bubbles next to the camera name to get to main stream.

If you can't find it, can you post a screen shot of the online user interface then probably some of us know how to do it?

Please find snap shot of main stream view.

Previously i was viewing it over sub stream.... there is a big improvement viewing over main stream but its still not the same as connecting the DVR to a monitor via VGA.

It must be my camera! Have a look and tell me what you think.

Thanks

dvr.thumb.JPG.0808d9a1dc78ae1696efbef5dc4b404f.JPG

haha it'll never look as good as straight from DVR, that's just the way it is. You can try to set your main stream to the highest quality. Doesn't look bad for the amount of coverage and for being analog and online.

haha it'll never look as good as straight from DVR, that's just the way it is. You can try to set your main stream to the highest quality. Doesn't look bad for the amount of coverage and for being analog and online.

Agreed,

bicc, keep in mind that viewing the video from the dvr straight to the monitor is very different then streaming it through the web browser across a network to another computer. That's how it works.