Sign in to follow this  
PhoneGuy85

Everfocus EDVR or Openeye EasyDVR?

Ok, am looking at 2 different DVRs at the moment, a new Everfocus EDVR series or the Openeye Easy DVR series.

What I want is something I can view on my Android tablet (The Openeye offers an app) and something not too hard to set up, although I am a phone/IT guy, I don't want something super complex to manage. Most of all, something that's not a cheap piece of crap like the no name ones.

Which of the two is better? any advice? I don't have to have the Android app option, but I like it.

Also considering a Speco DVR 4tl-160, but am leaning more towards the Openeye

Still thinking of getting the OpenEye system. their website looks well put together, the product looks good, and I like the features. The Everfocus does have a DVD-R drive though, but since it's discontinued, I can't find much on it.

I've used openeye, one of their best analog Dvr's. My employer hired an installer and that's what they put in. Along the way, I took over managing the system. My experience was only so-so. Their units are way over priced and under powered compared to what you can get from dahua, for example. And the first unit died and had to be replaced. Customer service for that transaction was not heroic. Okay, but not heroic. Their mobile app is woefully behind dmss for dahua units. Frankly there aren't any mobile apps I had tried that can match dmss. Openeye Web app for their Dvr's is functional but nothing special. Radius software is better but more complex. Openeye isn't bad but I've used both extensively and compared to dahua it comes up short big time.

Shock....... Your openeye must of been a few years old

Sorry but there hybrid can be put into same class as a dahua.

Openeye app is free does same if not more than dahua

And openeye supports much more ip

If MDVR hasn't changed, it does not compare to dmss at all. I used the OE3-E480 and it was or still is their best analog unit. The OP did say analog. About 2k [outrageous] and it can't do D1 30fps on all channels. That to me is old spec compared to todays analog dvr standards. I have no experience with their hybrids or IP systems. No experience with Everfocus stuff either.

Awesome info guys, I will likely go with the Openeye. I just like the way it looks and what I've read on it. This is for my home installation, so it doesn't need to be fancy. no IP cameras yet, most of my stuff is secondhand, my pride and joy is my $10 Pelco Spectra 3 that I bought in an unknown condition! Also have several different box style cams and a few outdoor enclosures. Time to replace the aging time lapse VCR!