matt621

Resource Is Limited, open video failed

Hello,

I have 2 Dahua IP cameras.

One has been installed and working fine for months.

The 2nd is just installed tonight.

They are basically the same camera except the new one has audio.

Both are suppose to be onvif , although only the new one has the option to enable to disable it. But since the old one has been working for months with the onvif dvr, I figure it's working.

Okay, here is the problem. I can log into both using any browser. All is fine except on the new camera I can't see any live video. It says resource is limited, open video failed. I have tired with MSIE 8, Firefox 30 and Chrome. All three ask to allow plug in to run, on both camera (but the old one was "okayed" long ago so I don't have to say yes to that one.) But I can do anything I want in the setup.

So the old camera has live video and the new one does not. I went in and make sure the setups between the cameras were the same.

Now here is the kicker. I can view both cameras fine via the DVR and both are recording now. The new one even with audio. I can view both cameras fine with PSS V 4.05. And I can even view both cameras fine via my phone (which goes thru the DVR so that makes sense.)

So if I can view both cameras just fine why can't I view the new camera in any browser?

AV? I disabled it. Made no difference.

It offered me the option to reinstall the plug in on MSIE 8 which I allowed. It gave me about 6 errors (file already existed or could not access, something like that) which I expected because I had the other window open and viewing the old camera.

But Firefox and Chrome both asked to run the plugin/addon and I said yes, it seemed to work, no error msg, but still no video from camera 2 in any browser.

I checked to see how many users were allowed and both cameras are set to 10.

Everything in the network is gigabit. Cisco switches, Fortinet firewall.

I can't even see the substreams on the camera. Gives me the same error.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you.

Some cameras may only show in MSIE but maybe not v8.

You may need to use comparability mode on IE.

also have you made sure your firmware on the camera is the latest.

Thanks but I don't think that it's. I can view the other camera fine in all 3 browsers.

I even have another 3rd Dahua camera very similiar to thse on another system and it works fine.

Do they both have the same firmware version? It may be that the plugin from one isn't working well with the other.

I have had plenty "same" cameras installed where one views not in compatibility view and the other not.

just because the cameras are basically the same doesn't mean anything. verify the firmware versions and make sure they are up to date.

Delete the old version(s) of the plugin and rerun as Administrator any browser you use. Also be sure that the PC you use has no packets lost while "talking" to the camera.

they definitely have different firmware. I can look into that. I have not tried compatibility view. I can try that too. And I'll try removing the plugin.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Do all of those and, unless you have some network problems, the product should work in a jiffy. DAHUA's products are very solid (unless you got some cheap clone or something around that or flashed with a BETA/internal/non-officially-released firmware).

Okay, I went to control panel and found two installations of the plug in. Removed both.

I then went to the new camera first using FF and did the install of the plugin and it worked. Tested with MSIE 8 and it worked. But neither would not show video on the old camera. So I closed browsers and opened FF and went to the old camera. Did the install of that plugin and it works. Both cameras in both browsers. So that is really great.

Chrome will not work no matter what I do.

Which is fine, I use FF most and Chrome last so that works for me.

Thanks for the help. That definitely solved the problem.