Sign in to follow this  
SunnyDaZe

Help!!!! 8CH/RJ45/BNC switcher???

I've had this setup for a few weeks now, however I'm missing either RJ45/BNC switcher to an 8ch setup. All that came with the DVR kit were the 8 cameras along with power supply/mouse.TRULY I have done a little research to no avail or at least not feeling comfortably to order the correct switcher or matrix box. Please feel free to chime in as for what I will need to complete this setup to connect all 8 cameras.

Thanks,

20140713_120919.jpg.d6cd8759922713620659b666ecec737f.jpg

20140713_121010.jpg.f859c45c3f6572a48ecdef78f3fe3246.jpg

Hi Guy,

Are you kidding, those DIY kit is IPC+ NVR. Why you need to RJ45 to BNC convertor?

IPC? Well truly im lost and need to get the correct setup. Would you know what ill need?

Hi SunnyDaZe.

Those are IP (Internet Protocol) cameras. They talk to the Network DVR (your black box) across Ethernet. That is a Network DVR isn't it?

At a guess you need a network switch between the cameras and the DVR, unless that is built into the front of the DVR.

The composite video / BNC / yellow plug is for when you set up the cameras. Afterwards it isn't used. Well, it can be used, but the picture is nowhere as clear as what you'll get over Ethernet.

Dunno whether these cameras will do Power Over Ethernet (POE). SunnyDaZe, do the camera instructions mention POE or 802.3af ?

I'm guessing that these cameras can only be powered from the plug packs, so you'd be able to use a normal Ethernet switch.

Hi SunnyDaZe.

Those are IP (Internet Protocol) cameras. They talk to the Network DVR (your black box) across Ethernet. That is a Network DVR isn't it?

At a guess you need a network switch between the cameras and the DVR, unless that is built into the front of the DVR.

The composite video / BNC / yellow plug is for when you set up the cameras. Afterwards it isn't used. Well, it can be used, but the picture is nowhere as clear as what you'll get over Ethernet.

Yes its Network DVR. Instruction are in Chinese, I see what your saying it makes sense......

Dunno whether these cameras will do Power Over Ethernet (POE). SunnyDaZe, do the camera instructions mention POE or 802.3af ?

I'm guessing that these cameras can only be powered from the plug packs, so you'd be able to use a normal Ethernet switch.

It looks to be POE, will do both with the RJ-45, once I get the switch port(POE).

Looks like you are missing an 8 port + 1 uplink POE switch.

Yes it does, finally looking more in detail and seeing what missing link is needed. It's coming down to the POE switch box(Horizon.) Glad you guys stepped in to help.