Sign in to follow this  
wxman

Need PTZ Camera Recommendation

Wondering if anyone can help me find a solution, even if it requires some mixing/matching of parts to piece together.

- Outdoor PTZ

- 360 degree pan

- Greater than 90 degree tilt range (i.e. Need to be able to look at the ground, but also be able to tilt up to the sky at least 10 to 15 degrees above the horizon)

- Needs to support a strong optical zoom (prefer 30X or greater optical zoom module---Doesn't have to be pre-installed as I can purchase a module like this for a reasonable price and add it/swap out the camera module myself..)

- Long distance IR lights. I'd prefer at least 200ft; the greater the better!

- Must have a wiper as I can't have rain drops blocking the picture and won't be able to get to the install location frequently to clean off splotches from dried rain drops.

I've searched for days and had several close matches for under $500, but always something from the above mentioned specs that is missing.

There's one for around 300 bucks that has all of these features except the tilt range stops at 90 degrees (doesn't go the extra 10 or 15 degrees above the horizon)..Those GVI domes that are going for that same price range do go the extra 15 degrees above the horizon, but they don't have the IR lights or wiper. I can find units for over $1500 that will do all of this, but I just can't see paying an extra $1200 bucks or more just to tilt up 10 or 15 degrees more.

There's got to be a cheaper solution that incorporates the features of the first dome camera mentioned and can also tilt a little above the horizon like the GVI ones can.

Anyone have any ideas of anything available that would match my search criteria (or know of a way to custom build something to meet my needs?) Heck, I would buy both of the units I mentioned earlier if there was a way of combining some of the parts, but I highly doubt they would be compatible/fit together.

Thanks for any help you could provide!