akv

looking for low lux (0.0001) analog camera with WDR

i'm looking for analog camera to combine it with ip cameras for better low light. 0.0001 lux or less/better.

what i found is SAMSUNG SDC-435, but didn't found that it support WDR, only SSDR (Samsung Super Dynamic Range), is that the samsung's name for WDR or is it something else than real WDR?

also lack me the waterproof but i can made something myself if there is no waterproof ready models.

any recommendations for camera with those requirements?

These will be expensive and ebven more so if you make your own housing (oh boy)

Start saving your money and don't risk destroying good cameras just to save a dew $$$ on the housing.

These will be expensive and ebven more so if you make your own housing (oh boy)

Start saving your money and don't risk destroying good cameras just to save a dew $$$ on the housing.

thanks

i'm not looking for saving money on housing, just didn't found any with waterproof housing ready.

Hi. Axis light finder. Range you will find a cost effective camera

hello and thanks.

please provide a specific model if you have any

Axis. Bosch, Samsung and Avigilon all have low light IP cameras.

Axis's new Q1614 does both low light and WDR (not at the same time though)

All the cameras mentioned above do very well in low light but none of those will do .0001lux

Question... How do you know that you need a camera with precisely 0.0001 lux? That is extreme low light requirements. What meter did you use?

The Samsung SDC-435 analog camera has been discontinued and replaced by Samsung SCB-4000 (1/2" sensor) and Samsung SCB-2001 (1/3" sensor).

The Samsung SDC-435 specifications show that 0.0001 Lux is with SENS-UP.

Sens-up is useless with anything that moves faster than a turtle and will cause motion blur.

The Samsung SDC-435 specifications show that 0.05 Lux @ 50IRE NO SENS-UP.

This is the more real world, realistic minimum illumination spec.

Samsung's SSDR (Samsung Super Dynamic Range) is their WDR implementation.

Sony's ViewDR (visibility enhanced wide dynamic range) is their WDR implementation.

Panasonic's Super Dynamic 5 is their WDR implementation. etc...

Cameras optimized for low light are not great for bright light.

Cameras optimized for bright light are not great for low light.

There are many box camera enclosures that are waterproof and rated for IP66.

Zoom.JPG.914c0c9db3c0bb22c19a40ae418500d4.JPG

The Samsung SDC-435 analog camera has been discontinued and replaced by Samsung SCB-4000 (1/2" sensor) and Samsung SCB-2001 (1/3" sensor).

The Samsung SDC-435 specifications show that 0.0001 Lux is with SENS-UP.

Sens-up is useless with anything that moves faster than a turtle and will cause motion blur.

The Samsung SDC-435 specifications show that 0.05 Lux @ 50IRE NO SENS-UP.

This is the more real world, realistic minimum illumination spec.

Samsung's SSDR (Samsung Super Dynamic Range) is their WDR implementation.

Sony's ViewDR (visibility enhanced wide dynamic range) is their WDR implementation.

Panasonic's Super Dynamic 5 is their WDR implementation. etc...

Cameras optimized for low light are not great for bright light.

Cameras optimized for bright light are not great for low light.

There are many box camera enclosures that are waterproof and rated for IP66.

thank you for your great answer. now as i read, i see that there are 2 types of "sense-up", one is slow shutter speed, the opposite of what i'm looking for because i need high sensitive for fast shutter speed to be able to freeze frames at street low light, the other is sense-up without slow shutter - very expensive and i don't know why and how they work. it would be better if they were measured the low light capabilities in ISO and provide samples of the iso to see the noise and not in lux (every camera can make low lux with enough long exposure\slow shutter).

so do you think there is any better ISO PERFORMANCE i can get in the analog cameras than Dahua IPC-HFW4300S at those prices? or should i stay with the ip cameras only

again the purpose is to freeze the frames at pretty low light (street)

All the cameras mentioned above do very well in low light but none of those will do .0001lux

Question... How do you know that you need a camera with precisely 0.0001 lux? That is extreme low light requirements. What meter did you use?

the main purpose is to be able to freeze frames at pretty low light (like street). it's not 0.0001 lux i guess but i need fast shutter so need more sensitivity. slow shutter will fo the opposite. when people move at night, walking or car driving (slowly) on the street, you can't recognize the faces of the car. it gets motion blur. thanks

the main purpose is to be able to freeze frames at pretty low light (like street). it's not 0.0001 lux i guess but i need fast shutter so need more sensitivity. slow shutter will fo the opposite. when people move at night, walking or car driving (slowly) on the street, you can't recognize the faces of the car. it gets motion blur. thanks

I would strongly recommend you get a lux meter and check your target area. We have many cameras installed in this situation for LP reads and don't have issues with motion blur. Normally we are using Avigilon's bullet cameras which have built in IR or the Lightcatcher cameras.

akv, you could try a Watec-902h. These are a fairly old monochrome camera, that can do 0.0003 lux with a F1.4 lens. This camera doesn't use sense-up, as it doesn't support that feature. It has a resolution of 570 lines which is probably as good as you'll get from an analog camera. It is also physically small, which would help with mounting it in the same enclosure as the IP camera, but you'll still need something to encode it into an IP format, unless you are going to use coax or baluns.

You'll need to use an auto-iris lens to protect the camera from bright sunlight. In this case, look for a later model Watec, as the earlier ones used a non-standard pinout for the auto-iris connector.

I do agree with thewireguys, in that you should check that you need this extreme sensitivity.