bomberb17

Long-range illuminator

I want to illuminate an area (back door entrance) from about 80ft distance. I don't want IR illuminator, but a regular illuminator.

So I'm looking for a bright LED spotlight (about 30W) that has narrow beam in order to focus on that area only. I was looking on ebay but could not find any.

Any suggestions?

I want to illuminate an area (back door entrance) from about 80ft distance. I don't want IR illuminator, but a regular illuminator.

So I'm looking for a bright LED spotlight (about 30W) that has narrow beam in order to focus on that area only. I was looking on ebay but could not find any.

Any suggestions?

Are you using this to light up an area that a camera will be recording as well? If yes, then I would recommend a flood light type of light, since it will evenly distribute it and the camera will pick up the picture better. If no camera, then the LED spotlight idea should work. Plenty of outdoor solutions on Amazon.

Yes there's a cctv camera that has IR night vision. However, the problem is that there are some trees between the camera and the area that I want to watch, and the camera's IR picks up the trees but not the area in the background (see attachment). So I need to find a LED spotlight that has narrow beam to illuminate that distant area. (I will also change to a varifocal camera, hope it helps also).

ch05_20150412_035419_E.jpg.7906fd1c33eeee711da86a389c82cd7c.jpg

Yes there's a cctv camera that has IR night vision. However, the problem is that there are some trees between the camera and the area that I want to watch, and the camera's IR picks up the trees but not the area in the background (see attachment). So I need to find a LED spotlight that has narrow beam to illuminate that distant area. (I will also change to a varifocal camera, hope it helps also).
From what it looks like, the camera is pointed to the sky? Is this right?