Sign in to follow this  
PhoneGuy85

Openeye OE2 dvr and Android app setup

Ok, so I received the OE2 DVR today, and after getting the port forward figured out, I was able to view the cameras in Internet Exploiter (yuck). The Android app from Openeye on the other hand, is a no go. tried it on 2 different devices, my LG Optimus phone and my Nexus 7 tablet.

Port set to 2000, user name and PW set, and it gives a result of "inspecified DVR" or something equally confusing. host name and IP all match, and everything looks good.

Tried connecting over 4G as I figured since the DVR is on the same network as the Wifi, it might be confused, still no luck. Using the phone as a mobile hotspot and my laptop with IE gets me in just fine. this app just not very good or is something still not set up right?

Have you forwarded 2000 and 2002? Have a read and see if this will help you. Also if nothing else works, look in their firmware update files for your dvr. It may be that the firmware for your dvr needs to be updated to be compatible for viewing in the mobile app. In my experience, updating the E-series dvr from them was painless- very easy.

http://www.openeye.net/products/software/mobile/

Also, don't be shy about calling them for support. They may help you even if you have a used unit. MDVR app is rather underwhelming. Try Radius as well- much better than IE but a bit more complex.

http://www.openeye.net/support/software-updates/

http://www.openeye.net/products/software/radius/

A rather meager video demo of radius I did a while back-

38KxaGBJMeU

Shockwave, thanks for the info. What port do I need to specify in the MDVR app, 2000 or 2002? the radius software looks nice, may try that too.

Edited by Guest

edit: update on this, still no luck with the android app, but got Radius activated and running, as well as the latest firmware.

Ok, just talked to Openeye tech support, tech said only the OE3 series and Pro series are compatible with the Android or Apple app, not the OE2 series. Oh well, I like Radius and the default viewer.

Well that's good about radius, but stinks about the phone. The app is lame really, but if phone/tablet is important to you, that's a drag. Hopefully the system is still okay for you.

It was something I wanted, but I can still use a computer to access it, so I'm good there. I really like the system, and Openeye tech support has been really helpful.