Sign in to follow this  
lkyoldsun

Big fat bundle of coax. 80 cams installed What next?

80 cameras (non-hd) for a retail facility. I think they're all analog, and they all terminate in a single big bundle of coax, ready to connect to equipment. WHICH EQUIPMENT?

Need to have redundancy and a couple months recording time, with ability to save clips of the occasional incident for a couple years.

cheap and reliable- seeking best value.

suggestions appreciated!

80 cameras (non-hd) for a retail facility. I think they're all analog, and they all terminate in a single big bundle of coax, ready to connect to equipment. WHICH EQUIPMENT?

Need to have redundancy and a couple months recording time, with ability to save clips of the occasional incident for a couple years.

cheap and reliable- seeking best value.

suggestions appreciated!

Is the coax siamese cable? It would have two wires (red/black) run along the main coax. Also, is the coax terminated with BNC connectors? For a couple months recording time, I would use two 32-channel and one 16-channel DVR with 8TB of storage each set to motion record. This is not the recommended way, but will probably be cheapest.

Reduce 80 cams to thin cable I guess there are two way would be better, one is twist cable or fiber cable. I would like take fiber cable personally.

Then, for Redundance, which is incoporate NAS or RAID something to back up. As for clip function which depends on DVR and/or NAS functions.

Search google.com for the words...

Retail CCTV

Retail CCTV Loss Prevention

Retail CCTV Analytics

...then read, read, read! With the above searches you will also find company names of businesses specializing in retail CCTV systems. Might want to call them as well.