cwkamms

Running 32 cameras all @ 30fps

Any body have any thoughts on running "32" 1.3MP IP cameras @ 30FPS. Good / Bad Idea.

Rookie mistake; why do you need to run at 30FPS?

No real need. For some odd reason we thought we could push the limit. We find out now after about 5 or 6 days we are getting system freeze ups.

Could be your network. Cameras are 100Mbps, your NVR or PC are gigabit. Common rookie mistake is not have one switch to do all the cameras and then have a gigabit port for your NVR or PC.

no, we have 3 switches with cat6 linking them together, running into a gigabit router and then to the gigabit NIC card on the NVR server. I keep coming back to the cameras all being left @ 30FPS being the issue.

So 3 PoE switches, I take it 10-12 cameras each. Are these gigabit switches or gigabit uplink port? Are the cameras running h.264 compression or mjpeg or mpeg?

Complete Geovision setup. GV software, 1.3MP dome cameras, GV-switches with gigabit uplink , Using H.264 compression. PC is loaded I-7, 16gb ddr 3 memory, western digital 4TB purple drives. crucial mx100 128GB solid state drive for OS. We are getting 8% cpu usage with all 32 cameras recording.

When you say system freezes up, is that the GV server just locking up and you have to reboot?

or some video freezes and not others? Is it freezing up when looking at 32 cameras live or playing back 32 cameras of recorded video?

Also, you mention the switches are connected together then to a router which then goes to the gigabit nic in the server.

Who's router? (part #?)

if you lower the fps to say 10fps on all of the cameras, as a test.. is there any more lock ups?

also, how much bandwidth is each camera producing?

Can I ask you, do you record it to your own hardware? Haven't you thought about the cloud recording?

Did you read the title of this thread? He wants to run 32 cameras @ 30FPS. Please tell me what ISP can handle that much bandwidth consently being uploaded to the cloud.

Can I ask you, do you record it to your own hardware? Haven't you thought about the cloud recording?

Did you read the title of this thread? He wants to run 32 cameras @ 30FPS. Please tell me what ISP can handle that much bandwidth consently being uploaded to the cloud.

Everybody thinks the cloud is a magical place, somewhere up in the sky, but in reality it is just a bunch of servers in a remote location.