Sign in to follow this  
psyentific

can't modify Hikvision settings

So, I was messing around trying to connect my Hikvision camera to a NAS, and accidentally reset the camera to it's default settings of 192.0.0.64, 255.255.255.255, and port 41943. Username and password are apparently still admin and 12345.

I can see the camera online in SADP, but it won't let me modify the settings. I get the message "failed to modify settings!" no matter what I do. I can no longer connect to the camera over iView on Internet Explorer either. Anyone had anything similar happen, and how did they solve it?

Thanks.

Man, this is a tough one. I've tried resetting the camera again, tried connecting to a Windows laptop (itself set to IP 192.0.0.100), and just can't even see the camera. If I boot into Mac OS X, the Hikvision tools at least report the camera as being online, but won't let me modify it.

About the only thing I can think of left to try is taking the POE switch out of the loop by powering the camera directly (12VDC supply), which I'll do this week. Otherwise I guess I get to learn how to try for TFTP firmware recovery/install. This sucks!

Man, this is a tough one. I've tried resetting the camera again, tried connecting to a Windows laptop (itself set to IP 192.0.0.100), and just can't even see the camera. If I boot into Mac OS X, the Hikvision tools at least report the camera as being online, but won't let me modify it.

About the only thing I can think of left to try is taking the POE switch out of the loop by powering the camera directly (12VDC supply), which I'll do this week. Otherwise I guess I get to learn how to try for TFTP firmware recovery/install. This sucks!

Where did you buy this fine camera?

It's a freebie! A friend's cousin runs an installation business and we asked him if he had camera laying around that accepted audio-in, for testing purposes. This is what we got.

It has served very well for testing so far, and for familiarization with Hikvision and IP cams in general, which I needed (I know a lot about digital video already, but first foray into IP cams).

This is the first problem w/the camera that wasn't quickly solvable w/help from the internet.

Yeah, so I figured out that the camera is broken via overheating. There is a red LED lit on the PCB, and the whole dome housing is quite warm. I tried putting the camera in the refrigerator for a while, and booting it up while it was still cool, but no improvement.

I caused this, partly by tucking some unused cables into the dome housing behind the PCB, and partly by locking the camera up in an enclosed space (still powered on) when away from the cubicle. The 752-style dome cameras (and probably all the others) use the entire outer aluminum housing as the heatsink for the CPU (a TI DaVinci in this case). Apparently the thermal operating envelope is a bit narrow and extended heat excursions can kill the camera. I guess a 2010 TI chip was working pretty hard to manage 1200x1600 video.

Oh well, learned a lot, now time to buy a 2432 or 2632 to continue the journey.

I very much doubt its dead. They likelihood that it went dead just as you mess with the settings is very low. What model is the camera?

So, I was messing around trying to connect my Hikvision camera to a NAS, and accidentally reset the camera to it's default settings of 192.0.0.64, 255.255.255.255, and port 41943. Username and password are apparently still admin and 12345.

I can see the camera online in SADP, but it won't let me modify the settings. I get the message "failed to modify settings!" no matter what I do. I can no longer connect to the camera over iView on Internet Explorer either. Anyone had anything similar happen, and how did they solve it?

Thanks.

Can you see it on IVMS? If you can see it in IVMS under devices, you can change the IP address from there, just use 12345 as the manager password (or whatever you changed it to)

Camera actually was dead - red failure led on pcb was lit. It was an old 752, and overheated in a cupboard (powered on). Replaced it with a 2432.