Spoolx

Tips for hiding cameras, pics inside

Hi all,

I just joined the forum.

I recently installed an 8 camera NVR system at my house and have only 6 cameras.

I was thinking of adding 2 more to look down each side of my road and could use some advice.

If you look at my diagram I was thinking about adding a square fence post and mounting the camera on that looking up and down the street.

My concern is it will be blatantly obvious.

Any thoughts on hiding them or at least making them look nice? I dont want everyone driving by to see them..

Thanks

Green is buried cable

Blue is pole

Red is cameras

252042_1.png

Use dome cameras with appropriate pole mounts and you should be fine.

I would think that if you tried hiding them on an open pole, they will tend to look like crap.

Of course mounting them on a public utility pole can really bite you in the back side when the utility company that owns the pole, makes you take them down, unless of course you are planning on putting up your own pole along side of it which still may give you problems.

The utility pole is outside my fence, my plan was to put a pole right inside my fence.

Can you direct me to the pole mount please? I didn't see any

You could try to find a full size or at least fairly mature tree and have it transplanted on that corner, then mount the cameras in the tree to mask them. That is certainly a bit unorthodox, but it could help keep things looking a bit less intrusive.

I've been thinking of a "Street View Cam" myself lately. But where to hide the camera because I don't want to advertise that I'm watching the intersection?

So how about this up 10 feet in the corner of my yard with a camera inside? Or, in Spoolx's case two birdhouses facing opposite directions? Or how about 6 birdhouses on the same post...but only two (2) contain cameras and the other 4 contain...birds!

252057_1.jpg

252057_2.jpg

Edited by Guest

Qsee NVR

1080p IP cameras

Yeah, I see they don't list any kind of pole mounts for their domes.

Qsee is made by Dahua, you may either try adding Dahua cameras ( I see many others have added Dahuas to qsee nvrs without problems ) otherwise, I would think Dahua mounts would fit qsee cameras.

Here's a link to Dahuas mounting brackets.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products_category/bracket-276_1.html

You could hide them in the base of your mailbox. Build a platform that the box sits on, and hide them in that. If you want to be sneaky, put them in something that belongs there.

I've been toying with this idea myself, so I can monitor my front door and yard.

I have seen a few options using stanchions + Mail boxes..

I have a few mail box camera mounts as well as 8" (ID) round stock pole with Lighting unit mounted on top...

From that far away, you'll need some sort of telephoto lens and Dahua goes to 8mm on their fixed lens cameras. I would put it in a birdhouse as noted above. Put a Dahua mini bullet in there, shave off the top lip to make it flush and it will be discrete.