drbax

Using non Hikvision cameras with ivms 4200

Has anyone tried using non Hikvision branded cameras with ivms 4200? At the moment I'm running 4 various Hikvision cameras without any problems. I had considered adding a cheaper off brand onvif poe camera in my garage and I was wondering if it would even work with ivms 4200.

That's not going to work. iVMS-4200 is the free software from Hikvision to be used with Hikvision devices (free software, because you have already paid for their hardware). So it only works with Hikvision devices.

I'd like to see someone tell me that I am wrong, but I do not think it can be done.

I had a feeling that was going to be the case, but I wasn't willing to buy another camera to try it out myself. I figured that surely someone on here has tried it before just to see what would happen. Thanks for the reply.

I had a feeling that was going to be the case, but I wasn't willing to buy another camera to try it out myself. I figured that surely someone on here has tried it before just to see what would happen. Thanks for the reply.

it will not support 3rd party cameras, since it is free.

you will need to use third party software to use multiple brands like Exacq.

In the newer firmware on Hikvision cameras, you can setup face detection so that it recognizes the human face and will likely avoid the face of insects, even large ones like Jeff Goldblum in The Fly. I don't use iVMS4200 but there should be a way to trigger a recording based on that instead of video motion detect. I know in Milestone XProtect there's an option to use the in-camera face detection.

252225_1.jpg

You can use cheap Onvif cameras with ivms 4500 but only through a hikvision NVR first (which is actually pretty cheap if you get the models without POE and hard drives)

Heck I used to pair a sunell brand onvif (from china) camera with a hik nvr and the even the audio worked lol, but app only worked on iphone...but this was year ago maybe things changed

Don't expect motion recording though.

But then again how much cheaper is your ONVIF camera? Hikvision camera is already pretty inexpensive now

You can use cheap Onvif cameras with ivms 4500 but only through a hikvision NVR first (which is actually pretty cheap if you get the models without POE and hard drives)

Heck I used to pair a sunell brand onvif (from china) camera with a hik nvr and the even the audio worked lol, but app only worked on iphone...but this was year ago maybe things changed

Don't expect motion recording though.

But then again how much cheaper is your ONVIF camera? Hikvision camera is already pretty inexpensive now

If Hikvision allowed their iVMS to work with 3rd party cameras, it would be pretty cool. They would really take over the VMS market, just like their cameras have.