CBX

Hikvision Raptor 2 5.2.0 (2012,2032,2132,2432,7232 etc)

Hi,

I can't acces the FTP Server.

I get the error: "550 Can't change directory to /Hikvision_IP_Camera_Firmware/: No such file or directory".

I can't access http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/ anymore.

I don't get a nsloopup for hikvisioneurope.com anymore.

Can anybody send me the 5.2.0 firmware over PN?

Greetings

Lapheus

The path for me on the USA FTP site is

ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com/Hikvision_IP_PTZ/Hikvision_IP_Camera_Firmware/Raptor_2xxx_Series/

Looks like they changed the directory structure.

Hello CBX,

thank you for the actual directory structure.

Now I can download the new Firmware.

The new Sturcture is: /Hikvision_IP_PTZ/Hikvision_IP_Camera_Firmware/Raptor_2xxx_Series/

Eeek! There seems to be no ability to downgrade from 5.2.0 once you've loaded it up. Any attempts are met with "Ugrading failed".

Eeek! There seems to be no ability to downgrade from 5.2.0 once you've loaded it up. Any attempts are met with "Ugrading failed".

tftp firmware recovery can take you to any versions.

Seems like it's a real pain to do? Needs a separate 12v psu for the camera and a crossover cable????

Seems like it's a real pain to do? Needs a separate 12v psu for the camera and a crossover cable????

I have done it over POE

If you are using enterprise switches just make sure to set the port that that camera is connecting to "port fast", it will allow it negotiate with the switch quicker (Cisco enterprise switches have spanning tree on by default)

You do not need a crossover or anything else, just set the computer running tftp to 192.0.0.128, the camera searches for this ip automatically on startup

I have done it over POE

If you are using enterprise switches just make sure to set the port that that camera is connecting to "port fast", it will allow it negotiate with the switch quicker (Cisco enterprise switches have spanning tree on by default)

You do not need a crossover or anything else, just set the computer running tftp to 192.0.0.128, the camera searches for this ip automatically on startup

It worked! Thanks so much.

As an aside, it looks to me like 5.2.0 is more of a downgrade, than an upgraded firmware. Face detection removed, ability to downgrade to an older firmware level removed etc... 5.1.6 has also been pulled from the US FTP server. Personally, I'm sticking with 5.1.6 until there's a real reason to upgrade.

I have done it over POE

It worked! Thanks so much.

As an aside, it looks to me like 5.2.0 is more of a downgrade, than an upgraded firmware. Face detection removed, ability to downgrade to an older firmware level removed etc... 5.1.6 has also been pulled from the US FTP server. Personally, I'm sticking with 5.1.6 until there's a real reason to upgrade.

Glad it worked out for you

I am not thrilled about 5.2 myself, I have it running one of my USA region cams and I don't see much of a difference from 5.1.6 other then removing FTP Transfer program and changing the credentials for logging into the camera via FTP. They should have made a note of that in the release notes.

I loved the line crossing detection in 5.1.6, it improved vastly over normal motion detection for me both in terms of detecting motion and avoiding false positives.

However, after upgrading to 5.2.0 on a DS-2CD2732F-IS I can now only make one line for detection where I in 5.1.6 could make multiple lines (3?).

Thats a huge step back.

Anyone else see the same after upgrade?

There is a drop down there where it seems like you should be able to make multiple lines, but I can only manage to make one. Maybe it is just me that don't understand how?

5.2 seems to be overly sensitive with detection of light, i get a billion emails a day now due to the sunlight triggering motion. Used to get maybe a few a day.

I loved the line crossing detection in 5.1.6, it improved vastly over normal motion detection for me both in terms of detecting motion and avoiding false positives.

However, after upgrading to 5.2.0 on a DS-2CD2732F-IS I can now only make one line for detection where I in 5.1.6 could make multiple lines (3?).

Thats a huge step back.

Anyone else see the same after upgrade?

There is a drop down there where it seems like you should be able to make multiple lines, but I can only manage to make one. Maybe it is just me that don't understand how?

No it's not just you - thanks for the heads up as I didn't notice on my test camera, but this matters on my front camera and I'm not prepared to accept it. Like you, I find line traversal to be excellent and really changes my motion detection setup for the better.

To be honest, there are things about Hik that I like (their cameras) and things I do not. These are in the latter category:

- Changed EN menus to CN with no warning this would happen when we bought them

- Released 2 different 5.1.6s and a 5.1.4 beta which is confusing and poor release management

- FTPD removed in 5.2.0 (not in release notes)

- Line traversal reduced from 4 to 1 area (not in release notes).

- Don't like it? Well update to 5.2.0 and it doesn't allow downgrade (though TFTP works for now). We are not going to warn you first. (again not in release notes)

Unacceptable in my view.

Also I feel some responsibility as I've provided region change solutions to some very nice people recently who specifically wanted 5.2.0.

I'm seriously considering providing those people a 5.2.0 patch to give back FTPD and 4 traversal lines again for no additional charge.

I try to stay on the right side of things and play fair with Hikvision - I'm not looking to undermine them but I feel the above would be justified.

Edited by Guest

The whole fiasco has kind of soured me on Hikvision, apart from the CBX magic I'd be an unhappy camper.

I've had 5 cams region fixed and will have at least 3 more in the near future.

A separate fix for FTP and line traversal would certainly be appreciated.

My post above had a missing word

for additional charge

should have been

for no additional charge

Perhaps it was Freudian

Good news, thanks!

I really want to see what that "cloud support" is about.

Me too

I tried to add my cam but had an error message 102000

Serial does not exist ...

Does it works for u ?

I upgraded my cameras to 5.2.0 without reading the forums first....shouldn't have done that. Now I've been able to downgrade one to 5.1.6, but the other acted like the firmware took over TFTP just like the previous one did, but now it's not responding. I've rebooted it multiple times, and it doesn't even try to connect to the TFTP and doesn't respond to pings on 192.0.0.64 either. Any ideas, or did this camera brick itself?

I upgraded my cameras to 5.2.0 without reading the forums first....shouldn't have done that. Now I've been able to downgrade one to 5.1.6, but the other acted like the firmware took over TFTP just like the previous one did, but now it's not responding. I've rebooted it multiple times, and it doesn't even try to connect to the TFTP and doesn't respond to pings on 192.0.0.64 either. Any ideas, or did this camera brick itself?

I pulled the same rookie move. But instead of doing one , I figured I would do 2 at a time. Now I have a camera that is at 5.2.0 and Chinese only. And I have a cam that appears to be bricked (as I attempted to take someone's posted 5.1.6 and did the tftp trick it worked the first time,but then I took my divinci.tar.gz file from my good camera and placed it on the filesystem and cycled it and I think that process destroyed the filesystem).

Power it up link light stays on solid (no matter how long it sits, even after a reset), it doesn't make an attempt to talk to the tftp server, nor does it attempt to communicate on the wire at all (running tcpdump). So can anyone help? Is there a way I can fix my mistakes and make my lesson a bit less costly?

Thanks

Tory

Downgrading 5.2.0 -> 5.16 works. Checked!

PC LAN CARD IP=192.0.0.64

RUN HIKVISION TFTP with digicap.dav in directory

IPC POWER ON

READ message in window

CLOSE TFTP after success messages.

Reboot IPC

Besides, I made ​​a custom firmware that reduces the version from 5.2.0 to 5.1.6, which can be used in the web interface.

Checked!

Downgrading 5.2.0 -> 5.16 works. Checked!

PC LAN CARD IP=192.0.0.64

RUN HIKVISION TFTP with digicap.dav in directory

IPC POWER ON

READ message in window

CLOSE TFTP after success messages.

Reboot IPC

Besides, I made ​​a custom firmware that reduces the version from 5.2.0 to 5.1.6, which can be used in the web interface.

Checked!

Are you going to share that one for those who wish to "upgrade" back to 5.16....?

Are you going to share that one for those who wish to "upgrade" back to 5.16....?

No, but you can use TFTP and downgrade youself!

After reading this thread, sounds like I should keep my 5.1.0 on my 2332 CN camera. By default the language is in English...I thought it should have been in Chinese?

After reading this thread, sounds like I should keep my 5.1.0 on my 2332 CN camera. By default the language is in English...I thought it should have been in Chinese?

5.1.0 is multilanguage firmware!

One for the CBX fans!

Can't thank you enough, feel like we just won the game.

" title="Applause" />

Edit: FYI, FTP included, this works for US/EU cams as well.