Kawboy12R

Can Swann (Costco Hikvision) NVR8-7200 run "real" Hik cams?

I bought a Costco Swann NVR 8ch system that came with 4 bullets a while ago. I've got 3 of the bullets in use on a PC system and have 1 bullet and the NVR sitting around doing nothing. I've got a use for another system but I'd like some different camera options besides the standard Swann offerings for the extra cameras.

Has anybody had any luck getting Hikvision (either US or Chinese market) cameras working with motion detection on a Swann NVR or am I stuck using Swann's cookie-cutter offerings?

A search on here didn't get me anywhere useful and I haven't been following the forums closely for a while.

I'm pretty sure that I've read that before. I have 2 dahua cameras connected to my Swann NVR. It's not plug and play but I was able to figure it out. So I don't see why not.

And recording using motion detection works?

On the Dahua cameras connected to the Swann nvr? No. I don't really need MD in those areas anyways. Plus I have connected 2 PIR motion detectors in the areas that I need true motion detection.

I also record 24/7

I had it working - for the cameras I used, there was no difference in any operation to the Swann branded cameras.