mike747

IC Realtime NVR with Hikvision IP Camera

Hi,

I have a 4 channel Breeze HD NVR from IC Realtime, which I have two 1.3 MP dome IP IC Realtime cameras connected to, which all work fine.

I'm now trying to add a third camera which is a different brand,

It's a Hikvision DS-2CD2132-l 3MP network dome camera.

Problem is my NVR doesn't see it when connected.

I thought it would automatically plug and play and connect, or do I have to manually configure the NVR to see it?

The camera is powered by POE from the NVR, could this be a different POE power rating or is that a standard rating.

The IR's seem to Light up ok though.

Or is it the case that these brands are just not compatible?

Any suggestions or advice much appreciated.

Regards

Problem is with most embedded NVRs is that they are compatible only with the same manufacturers cameras or a limited amount of others.

The poe wouldn't be theissue here. Its probsbly just a case of hikvisions not be supported by the icrealtime nvr.

If you do choose to use cameras other than icrealtime, I would think that Dahua cameras would work because they are the manufacturer of icrealtime cameras

I know Qvis dome IP camera's work fine with the IC Realtime NVR, I thought all IP cameras would have a universal connectivity

I think Dahua also makes qvis but I'm not sure.

There is onvif compliance with ip cameras but I don't think that all works the same when it comes to embedded nvrs.

try to use SADP (hikvision's IP detection/changing tool) to configure the camera separately first to be under the built-in POE's network setting then use 'manual add' in remote device using Onvif protocol.

also change the password to 12345 (hik's default password) .

I have 2 hikvision camera with a dahua NVR but with external POE, works ok but motion detection isn't 100%.

Hi,

yes I've been told it's a onvif camera so it will be compatible with my nvr.

I just have to manually add the camera (device) to the nvr.

so i'm trying to do that, but the nvr is asking me for the following details of the camera:

RTSP port

HTTP port

I.P address

user name

password

decode buffer

remote channel

So anyone know these details for my Hikvision 3MP IP camera?

or how do I find it out?

I can only power my camera from the POE built into my nvr, so can't access it direct

with a local 12v psu, I just need these values then I guess it will connect to my nvr ok.

best regards

just checked through the manual that came with the camera,

those settings are not listed.

does anyone have an idea what they could be?

Hi,

yes I've been told it's a onvif camera so it will be compatible with my nvr.

I just have to manually add the camera (device) to the nvr.

so i'm trying to do that, but the nvr is asking me for the following details of the camera:

RTSP port

HTTP port

I.P address

user name

password

decode buffer

remote channel

So anyone know these details for my Hikvision 3MP IP camera?

or how do I find it out?

I can only power my camera from the POE built into my nvr, so can't access it direct

with a local 12v psu, I just need these values then I guess it will connect to my nvr ok.

best regards

RTSP port 554

HTTP port 80

I.P address whatever you set it to using SADP

user name admin

password 12345

decode buffer leave as default or blank

remote channel 1 (i think)

I just set one up yesterday. You need to login to it and change the IP address to 10.1.1.xxx and the gateway to 10.1.1.1

To login to it I think it's set to 192.0.0.64 so power it up with a poe injector or 12v power supply and plug it into a switch. In your web browser type http://192.0.0.64 user is admin and password 12345

More than likely you're not on a 192.0.0.xx so you will need to setup ip4 in network settings to set a static IP address. So set it up be an IP address of 192.0.0.xx sub net 255.255.255.0 and gatway 192.0.0.1

In the nvr do a manual add with the ip you set it up to onvif admin and 12345

YOU can also try in the nvr settings go to network and change the switch settings to 192.0.0.1

Seems like a few of you have told the OP what to do, but I'm still not seeing it function.

Camera is plugged into the Dahua POE, it's taken the Switch IP that it was given. The Dahua NVR sees the camera and I can configure basic things

Manufacturer : oniv

IP address: 10.1.1.128 (what the NVR assigned to it)

RTSP Port: 554

HTTP Port:80

Username: Admin

Password: (I've set a password)

Remote Channel number: 1 (first camera I suspect)

Decode Buffer: one can delete this but it always comes back as 80

Server Type: Auto, had set it to tcp earlier.

Still once I try to go to Image: I get Channel 1 does not support configuration search or modification.

I think this is similar to what the OP is seeing, so unless I change it to general and pass the url, so it just takes me to the camera's UI directly, I can't seem to figure out how to make the Hikvision work through the Dahua NVR either.