fas

Speco 16ip

I installed a fiew of thoses...fairly easy to work with at the unit..as long as you know the diffrence between up and down arrows...recording is ok for the price. An expert user would prob hate it but it gets the job done.

i had one issue where the hard drive get "un-detected" but took it out removed the cat hair, lundry fluff and booted back up... hope it helps.

Replacing one right now with another DVR. The DVR has nothing wrong with it customer is not satisfied with the quality remotely or locally. For wavelet the recorded video is not up to par. I think there arre better DVR's for the $.

What 16ch dvr's in the price range of around $1200-$1400 would you suggest instead? I always like Nuvico, but they are around $2,ooo. I would like to find something in the $1200 range for someone who is on a budget. Thanks.

Used it, wouldnt again.

Check out the PowerTellecom new units, im testing now, good quality, doesnt crash... and less expensive than the above mentioned ..

Used one. The remote viewing is horrible. Ended up replacing it with a different DVR. Is sitting on a shelf now in the garage. Real garbage.

hey Fred, where ya been?

Anyway, how did those Active-Tek units pan out?

Yeah the Provideo DVR was not worth selling .. locally was fine .. but remotely was near useless ..

Really got into doing Home Theater, Phone Systems, Home Automation etc. for million dollar homes in Beverly Hills. Figure I had to learn something new.

The Active Tech DVR is still only avalible as a 4 channel. I did figure out how to run it with a web browser though. You have to port forward port 80 also. For example, if you put the DVR behind a router and the DVR port setting for the remote Client is 6100 (default) and the IP is 192.168.1.150. you have to set the router to:

192.168.1.150, 6100 (remote Client)

192.168.1.150, 80 ( web Browser)

Works great. Best 4 Channel I've seen so far in that price range. Still put them in all the time for smaller jobs.

Fred