chad250

Response CCTV System

Hi

I have a response CCTV system which is completely unidentifiable! I have looked everywhere for references to this device but it is either too old or discontinued to be found.

It is a two part system: one part houses the camera inputs and switches between the inputs, the other receives the signal from this device and converts it to an RCA output which then feeds into a video recorder, PC etc.

The cameras have 6 pin mini-DIN connectors, which appear to be scarcely used other than for PS/2 keyboards and mice.

The camera input switcher has five 6 pin mini-DIN connections on one side, and the top has a AUTO/MAN button, a red LED light, a DWELL dial and a CAMERA SELECT button. There are also four LED indicators for each camera on the top.

The signal receiver has a RCA connection (labelled VIDEO, AUDIO and TRIGGER) and BUZZER and AUX connectors which look similar to ADSL/CAT5 connectors. It also has a 6 pin mini-DIN connection and a 12V DC power supply connector.

I really need help identifying this system and have enclosed images to aid in identification.

Thanks,

Chad250

CCTV1.thumb.jpg.7bd8ffc2bfb76c454e916175f5558269.jpg

CCTV2.thumb.jpg.f853fa92a4909e330eb3ab812e24a4d8.jpg

CCTV3.thumb.jpg.d61b506161f85e4c87015c87f5fb88e0.jpg

As I notice the S-video interface, the system was not, in origin, designed for CCTV system. The S-Video signals were multiplexed(say one outof 4 inputs) and converted into one CVBS signal. That seems too much old system. Just throw them away. Tech has so much advanced during more than 20 years. Buy new system which is a lot cheaper.

They aren't s-video, they're a close relation called 6 pin mini din. Sadly we can't chuck them as we need some security now and cannot afford to replace the system.